What do i need in my show kit?

SpottyTB

Visit site
Hi there,

Got a showing show on Monday, my first - i am really not a showing person, to much hassle, prefer jumping!

So, i'm kind of packing and preparing now.. What do i need in my grooming/show kit? What do i need to take generally?

any tips or ideas welcome. Thanks :D

Hells Bells

Visit site
I'm not a shower really either but here's some ideas (I'm sure someone else will be of much more help!)

Clean brushes of all varieties
A hoof pick- I usually have 2 just incase
Spare plaiting bands for a quick fix
Plaiting thread and needle
Showing cane if appropriate
Spare hairnet
A sponge! (And usually we take a big tub if water)
Hoof oil and brush
Chalk
Baby wipes- god send for runny noses!
Fly spray
String (in case you lose your number string!)
Johnsons baby oil

I'm sure there's probably much more but like I say, I'm not very showy! Best of luck! :)

cob&onion

Visit site
I normally take....

Chalk block for touching up white bits before a class (my cob is mainly white :D)
Baby wipes
Soft brush
Tail/mane brush
canter conditioner spray
Hoof oil
Hoof pick
My cob is hogged otherwise i would take spare bands/thread

Water container
Sponge
Bucket
hay and a net
Polos

Food/drinks for me

SpottyTB

Visit site
Thanks cob & onion :), i've got quite a list to buy tomorrow.. its amazing what i don't have anymore!!

:) feeling exciting now!

Love

Visit site
Baby oil to brush into the tail to make it shine and for muzzle and eyes :) (although be careful if horsey has pink skin as it can make them burn if its very sunny!)

Good luck!

Queenbee

Visit site
All the above , but a caution on the baby oil in this heat, if you are going to use it I would suggest wiping it off with a couple of baby wipes as you come out of the ring, otherwise it could cause your horse to burn. Also, I far prefer to use a hoof lacquer... It's far less messy. If you're wearing jods, take some overalls, plastic bags for your boots that you can take off at the last minute when youre in the saddle so they stay clean, a bic razor for any stray hairs you spot (on you, not the horse) :eek:. Take a spare headcollar and lead rope, just incase, don't forget string to tone with your jacket to do your number with. Spare hairnet too and spare hair grips.

Suncream, and a nice cool long sleeve shirt so you can cover up in this scorching weather!

I assume its stithians you're going to? Have a fab time and good luck xx