What do people think to this foal?

ozpoz

Visit site
This stud is very close to where I am. They have a lovely hill to run on, so their young stock always looks well muscled. I don't know anything about Appaloosa breeding though, so can't really comment. I'd ask for detailed videos before I made a long trip.

MasterBenedict

Visit site
In reply to the OP, I think she is vastly overpriced for a weanling and I would also look closely at the *possible* umblicle hernia (another relatively common problem with Appy's one particular stallion, who is no longer alive, threw a few, which were then sold as unregistered....)

Thank you for pointing out the possible hernia, I actually hadn't noticed that so will question it.

Interesting they mention the stallions colour genetics but but not his PSSM status, it's common in Appaloosas over the pond, I only know this due to my personal interest in the disease, I don't know anything about appys, maybe you know all about it and he's tested but if not, I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. Type 2 is now in the cusp of being proven as genetic as well so don't be fobbed off.

I pass this stud often and they have some pretty animals.

When I spoke to the owner she confirmed he is PSSM n/n :) in fact she seemed very responsible in this regard and has been at the forefront of trying to eliminate this awful disease from Appy's :)

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Thank you for pointing out the possible hernia, I actually hadn't noticed that so will question it.

When I spoke to the owner she confirmed he is PSSM n/n :) in fact she seemed very responsible in this regard and has been at the forefront of trying to eliminate this awful disease from Appy's :)

That's excellent news, the mother is too?

Good luck if you decide to buy her.

rara007

Visit site
I don't know anything about how to Judge a foal for potential but she's cute and for what you want it for a good temperament is more important! I like it :)

GemG

Visit site
I think she looks rather lovely! It's tricky with foals, unless there are obvious defects that you can see beyond the general cuteness. Have a good look at sire and dam, if you are happy with them, then I would think you will likely be happy with the foal. You will know yourself I'm sure when you see her.

Don't worry about what other people think she is worth or not worth - it's what she is worth to YOU that counts. It is what YOU are prepared to pay! Everyone has their own preferences as we all know.

Enjoy looking and good luck :)