What do top grooms earn?

ginatina

Visit site
does anyone have any idea what a top groom can earn? I need to budget for one in my business plan!

Full time, 40 hrs/week, very experienced person (min 5 years) must have worked as Head groom or sole charge previously.

Any steers that anyone can give me would be much appreciated :)

ginatina

Visit site
Riding school? Livery yard? Comp yard? Top level yard?
Thanks teapot -

Professional comp yard; Somebody that's capable of handling young and/or fit competition horses. Somebody that has the experience to not panic in an emergency, can hack out or lunge horses, and possibly drive a lorry. So a seasoned grooming pro basically!

Visit site
Thanks teapot -

Professional comp yard; Somebody that's capable of handling young and/or fit competition horses. Somebody that has the experience to not panic in an emergency, can hack out or lunge horses, and possibly drive a lorry. So a seasoned grooming pro basically!

Going on the above, I was on £300 per week for similar. I don't think you will ever earn mega bucks sadly.

teapot

Visit site
Thanks teapot -

Usually less than £500 a week/£2000 a month at the very top end - not sure I've ever seen higher advertised, bar for proper senior management roles in big centres. As an employer you also need to consider NI and pension contributions, let alone the extras involved when it comes to staff.

Otherwise

Visit site
A friend of mine has just found a job as a head groom, they were getting offers between 400 and 500 a week including free accommodation and all bills paid. They have a lot more experience than 5 years though.

SO1

Visit site
Depends on which part of the UK you live in as well. Supply and demand. For minimum wage for a person over 23 you would be looking at least 356 a week for a 40 hour week.