What do you all think of the new RS gang???

Blue-bear

Visit site
Firstly apologies for really poor piccys, was only a quick job and will get some better full body shots when i get a mo.

So for those that dont know...we are in the final stages of setting up as a riding school and these are the guys we have for the job so far....

Roko - 16.1hh 6yr Slovakian WB tri coloured.
upto1srdec023.jpg

Steppy - 13.3hh 11yr old piebald cob
upto1srdec025.jpg

Levi - 13.2hh Blue and white X breed. Only 3 and a half but he will be ready for duties when hes old enough
upto1srdec027.jpg

Super ted - 12.1hh 21yr old kinda skewbald misfit!
upto1srdec033.jpg

Sprite - 16.2hh CB x TB 8yr old bay - Working livery
upto1srdec035.jpg

Archie - 15hh 6yr old bay TB, ex polo (too slow!)
upto1srdec036.jpg

Indy - 13.3hh 10yr old WPB piebald mare (XXX wide!!)
upto1srdec038.jpg

We also have two littlies arriving tomorrow in the shape of an 11hh and another 12.1, so will try and get some piccys of them too...

And then just because they are too cute to miss out...we picked up a couple of bargain NF colts at the weekend

Mika
upto1srdec021-1.jpg

Jingles
upto1srdec022.jpg

Let me know what you think
smile.gif

tasteofchristmaschaos

Visit site
Ooh how exciting!
I really like Roko and Indy.
I used to work at a riding school and I really miss it. (Geeky I know...)
Would love to be in a position to set up a riding school one day.
Where abouts in the country are you?
Good luck, and keep us updated about how it goes!

Blue-bear

Visit site
I think i must have caught Jingles just as he was blinking! not an attractive pose i agree!
Thanks for all the luck vibes, hopefully all will take off well. For anyone interested we are just outside Aylesbury, Bucks.

Wobblywibble

Visit site
Shame about Archie's headgear - my mare cribs/windsucks but is far happier when she's just left to her own devices. Tried the collar route but it just resulted in recurrent colic, we just ignore her now and she's much happier.

Bedlam

Visit site
What is that on Archie? I'm guessing it's to stop him rug tearing, but I've never seen anything quite like that on a turned out horse?

somethingorother

Visit site
Isn't it just an anti crib collar?

They're all lovely, i especially like super ted and steppy
grin.gif

Sounds really exciting, hope it all goes well and you get lots of customers coming in soon! x

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
All lovely neds hun. But I'd take that anti-crib thing off poor Archie. The current thinking is that a horse develops a stereotypical behaviour in relation to poor management. Trickle feeders that can't trickle feed often then get bellyaches and ulcers and crib and windsuck in a desperate attempt to stop the acid indigestion. It's thought that the act also releases endorphins that enable the horse to cope a little better. It's the endorphins that can be addictive so even when the horse's circumstances change (like joining your RS!) they continue to windsuck. Devices that try to deprive the horse of a learned "comfort" are questionable at best. Good luck with your RS and if the NF's don't work out, send at least 1 of them to me x