What do you do for a living?

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Saddle fitter! Requires the hide of a rhino, the ability to do flippin everything - diary secretary, logistics manager, stock control, manufacturing liaison, technical sales, general equine advisor (including enough knowledge of rider/riding as well as equine health), manual/craft work (flocking etc), tool maintenance, driving, customer service, accounts, PR and marketing. Seriously. Good job I love it!

Neither the time nor the money to have a horse, if I had my own land then I could possibly make it work I guess.

Varied backgroud - sales, marketing, research in first corporate finance, then executive search.

Visit site
Was a trading director for a multinational. Retired at 38, then managed our small property portfolio for 10 years until the OH retired as well. Occasionally some paid work comes my way now, but I don’t go looking for it. No children.

I didn’t have horses while I was working because I’d never have had the time to see them.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I was extremely lucky and grateful that my parents paid for my eventing etc. when I was a teenager at school then uni. I then worked a a recruitment consultant before getting into property sales which Ive been in since pretty much. I am currently an estate agent working for a national company but am self employed so set my own hours etc. which fits in very well for taking weekends off for competing etc. My OH earns a decent amount in his job too. But I dont compete as much as I used to due to the cost nowadays, its so expensive so generally I only compete twice a month or so, rather than every single weekend like I used to. Ive never taken a break from owning horses, got my first when I was 8 I think.

I think that unless you're born into money, its very difficult to find the balance - you can get a really well paid job but then you cant spare the time for the horses and then the other way round!