What do you do to really spoil your horse??!?

cobden99

Visit site
A banana !
Unless he has been horrible, in which case I eat it instead (still give him a bit though .. not that mean
grin.gif
)

Flint12

Visit site
My horse just loves being fussed, so to spoil him i just fuss him loads, lots of cuddles, lots of apples and generally spending lots of time with him
laugh.gif

ickelshadow

Visit site
well Christmas day would be a prime example for me
smile.gif

warm breakfast and dinner with heaps of extra sweeties, and extra section of hay for bedtime with about a hundred pieces of carrot cut into slices and wedged between the hay and the hay net that she'd need to nibble out, fresh mint likit, a fresh bale in her bed so it looked like it snowed
smile.gif
an extra thorough groom and lots of fuss and cuddles and games - she was a very happy girl at christmas!

on an average day that i would spoil her with little extra food things - extra carrots/apples/parsnips in her dinner, she might get a bit of whatever i may have brought down to eat or polo's...

mostly she was spoilt rotten everyday of her life with me so i don't really know what else! she was just the most loved horse in the world!

only_me

Visit site
I buy one of those molasses licks which then proceeds to get everywhere- my clean jods, his nose, the stable walls, his bridle etc
tongue.gif
... theres a reason he dosent get one so often
tongue.gif

helenhorse

Visit site
well, the coloured goes nuts for Dr Jones origional dog food (dont ask
crazy.gif
)...and when my TB has been a good girl i give her a good old scratch under the tail and round her bum, she backs me up into a corner and her lip goes wild and she starts groning..what a tart she is
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
..but she loves it..only thing i cant seem to get her to allow me away from the corner
crazy.gif

dufffy

Visit site
i make my boy a cake on his birthday and for xmas made of barley chaff and lots of treacle and on his birthday carrots chopped for candles!

Mosh

Visit site
orange fanta as an extra special treat.
but he has to have it poured into his feed bowl because hes scared of it moving in the bottle i
if hes just hving a treat then he gets a "salad" of apple, carrots and swede with some honey chucked in.

rara007

Visit site
Now I feel really mean, ours don't get much as they start trying to be pushy gits on the groun after treats
tongue.gif
. The get electrolytes after marathons, and some blue chip if the ribs become visable
crazy.gif

Some get treats after work, if we have the treats in and they aren't liable to become nasty on the ground. We have one particular pony who is the greediest pony, ever and any treats and he starts playing up!

Hattikins

Visit site
Well Hattie doesnt really "do" treats! but she quite likes a molasses lick or a carrot or apple
smile.gif

Fiddler loved exotic fruits! he absolutely loved peaches, nectarines, grapes and watermelon
grin.gif

Ive had ponies in the past that loved Mr Whippy icecreams! and dairylea sandwiches as treats at shows!!!
tongue.gif
grin.gif

custard

Visit site
Don't really do treats but the older boy will sell his soul for a pear, quite keen on the odd (peeled of course) satsuma too but best of all he likes the underside of his tail stroked very gently.

The youngster just likes fuss/kisses/brushing/anything!

Murphy3

Visit site
My local supermarket sells off their ripe bananas and apples cheap so I make fruit salads for the neds - they hoover it.

sachak

www.pinkequine.com
chester loves lickits - he currently has one of every flavourbetween his field and his stable lol! he loves cuddles and fus and attention and extra grooming but sometimes its hard to give extra grooming to a horse who keeps nudging you for attention!!! stoopid ned!!!

polos or the special horse treats from the saddlery are a fave
smile.gif
x

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
Sunny - apple juice in his feed. Angel - anything in a bowl. Both of them (shhh, whisper it softly) Tesco carrot sticks in their feed or hidden in the hay net. And Christmas, a mince pie each, naturally!!!!

Hanz

Visit site
My horse is in love with Swede's (vegetable not Swedish people).

He also loves anything 'human-food', forget the specially made herbal horse treats which are about £5 for 5 tiny cubes...give him a cheese sarnie, supanoodles, veggie soup or beans on toast anyday!

(If your wondering how I have foud this out my friend lives on my livery yard so I often make dinner at hers and eat it outside.)

ann-jen

Visit site
Jenny loves mints and meadow herb treats but what she really loves is a good scratch - she's got several itchy spots - mainly on her crest, withers and sometimes down her shoulders and she's in heaven if I spend a bit of time scratching her. She has to wear a fly rug in the field as she reacts to fly bites which I think means she doesn't get the benefit of rolling or mutual grooming with the other horses and so really appreciates a good scratch from me.