What do you do with your fells?

B.F.G

Visit site
Do any fell pony owners show jump them (bsja)? If so do you leave them natural or do you fully clip (legs/feathers as well)? Any pics of fells fully clipped would be appreciated.

Nudibranch

Visit site
Mine's sister does and competes hunter clipped so legs left alone. I'd never take off their feather but that's my preference. I think they lose some of their uniqueness.

Visit site
Go on the Fell pony page on facebook! Plenty of people who jump their fells! Clipped but legs left on. Some manes are left long and loose, some are done up in a running plait to keep them out of the way.

hellfire

Visit site
I leave mine o natural! Proud and hairy! If we had a very hot summer (we have in the past) I have done a bib clip. Natives should actually be shown in their natural state traditional. Jumping, if you want to clip as he sweats etc go for it but leave the feathers. Same for the mane. Whichever yours finds best and personal preference really. I don't show these days but that's what I used to do with mine. My lad never had a full massive forelock oddly so always left his mane anyway as loved to see it flowing.

Greyhorse1

Visit site
Mine does everything and I leave her hairy. I plait the mane for fast work as it gets tangled but I’ve never had anyone criticise her for it and she has had a go at everything!

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Yes, we did all sorts. The only concession I made was when jumping I put his very bushy forelock in a couple of plaits and tucked them in the cheekpieces so I could be sure he could see what he was doing :D