What do you do with your rosettes?

Bright_Spark

Visit site
That would make me cry! I could never throw one away hahahah they are so very special to me.

When my mum was moving out of her flat a few years ago, she threw all of my rosettes away (from late 80's to 90's on horses who have now passed away), sounds daft but I bawled my eyes out aged 30 or so and still haven't quite forgiven her for doing that.

I have a couple of rosette holders to display them, purchased through eBay.

vetsbestfriend

Visit site
Keep the ones I have won this season hung on some cotton in the lounge on a unit. My other ones and sashes etc are kept in 2 drawers in my bedroom. When I pop my clogs (hopefully not for a good few years!) I want my coffin lined with all my rosettes and then the sashes decorating the outside. To me they are part of what I achieved, to others they will be worthless and probably thrown away. So they can all come with me at the end. :)

Bernster

Visit site
Ahh endless drawers filled with ancient rosettes! Love the idea of gifting them to rad, and what a fab story from llee and teapot!! But to top it off, coffee for rosettes, how fab?!

teapot

Visit site
I still smile when I think about it :)
When I get some more I will send them your way!

I wish I could have video-ed the progress of the rider in question; to see how she rode today compared to only six weeks ago is incredible. She said thank you again for the rosette too!

dozzie

Visit site
That was me :smile3: and she's still smiling about it even now!

OP, I did a facebook request on behalf of my RDA group for old rosettes (we simply cannot spare the expense they cost to get ordered) and I think the running total is now well over 500 in donated rosettes, which we'll put to good use.

For anyone who's considering binning them, please please contact your nearest RDA group. Some of the ones we've had can be immediately given out, like llee94's, others we're changing the centres thanks to a creative volunteer. They simply can make someone's day.

Wish I had seen this before. Just thrown some away, all unused as used to run a little local comp.

sasquatch

Visit site
I have most of mine on a corkboard in my room. I may have lost one or two along the way though as they do fall off.

I don't get out and competing much off the yard, so most of my rosettes are from the RS I used to ride at, and the yard we are at now as they run a lot of competitions. I used to do the RS ponycamps, leagues etc. so the ones I have from there with various RS ponies are ones I will keep. I have a 2nd place I'm especially proud of, as it was won in a league when I was riding the only RS pony who didn't have a rider as she was known to refuse a lot. It always reminds me of my absolute determination that I was going to get a clear round and not end up with lots of refusals. I can remember starting the course, and aiming pony exactly into the middle of each fence and at the last fence, pony decided last minute to try and run out to the left. I can remember my feeling of elation when I caught on quickly enough to give pony a pull on my right rein and although we jumped the fence slightly to the left, we went clear and came second. I must have been only about 11 or 12, and got some lovely comments from people about how well deserved it was. I think it was the first ribbon I had won, rather than been given as a CR/participation prize as well.

I have quite a few firsts that I've won with B as well, we have a lovely big fancy ribbon that is gorgeous that we won in our first ever fully completed league and came second :) My next goal is to break the 4th and 2nd place curse, as he seems to be have been only able to achieve 4th or 2nd when we were competing! He has won a few more ribbons with his sharers as well, he has a few 6ths and 5ths he's won doing dressage with them too