What Do You Do.... (?)

Buy now or wait until later?

• Total voters

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
To protect your bits and bobs oh and ned! My firends think its so pointless me having my horses freezemarked, and insured i can't think of any thing more stupid then not! Also im feed up with my fencing etc going missing and finding i can't turn out so i painted them like told by police.... there been to many horses drugged and rugs off there back i paint mine with his freeze mark... And mine live in my back garden in a good area!
confused.gif

Frazer

Visit site
Ive *touch wood* never had anything stolen and very regularly leave stuff out around the yard, by the gate, left her competing tack outside the tackroom one summernight *gasp*! Im insured for stolen items, but all my horses are freezemarked, and im lucky that at my yard everyone seems very genuine!

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
I am insured but have to admit the horse, rugs or tack are not marked in any way. I have never had anything stolen except fuel out the lorry and can't protect that!

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
I'm really slack too! I blame it on my locks they never seem to lock the tackroom just pop open in the night....
blush.gif
and i alway come up in morning and like opps forgot put that away then....
grin.gif

Irishcobs

Visit site
Micro chipped
Mark rugs and everything (I would paint the horse if I could!)
Insured for stolen goods and stolen horses

Had lots of stuff stolen, equipment, hay etc. Now cut one string on each bale to stop the hay being stolen and never leave anything worth anything up the yard. Its my own yard so no one else to keep an eye on things.

SummerStorm

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I have never had anything stolen except fuel out the lorry and can't protect that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I'm being nosey but why on earth would anyone steal petrol?
confused.gif

Chex

Visit site
Chex is microchipped, and insured. My tack is insured, but not with a proper lock on the door, so not actually covered. The only thing I've had stolen is my trailer, but I found it a few days later. Now I have a better wheel lock and my postcode on it. I think I had a rug stolen, either that or I sent it to the rugwash and forgot to pick it up...anyhow, it vanished.

SusieJane

Visit site
I've insured my horse as she was stolen from the previous owner (and obviously recovered) but their other horse has never been found.
The distress this lady has been through for not having a) never finding her horse and b) not having it insured ~ she lost quite a few thousand pounds.

My livery says she can't afford insurance, and thinks it a waste of money as her horse is only 5, and what could possibly go wrong!!

My tack is locked in my house every night, but I too have left it out before!

RobinHood

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am insured but have to admit the horse, rugs or tack are not marked in any way. I have never had anything stolen except fuel out the lorry and can't protect that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you can protect it, get a locking petrol cap! We used to have diesel siphoned out of our lorry all the time but a locking cap soon stopped it.

Our rugs are forever being stolen. They are all plastered with white gloss paint but they still get taken
mad.gif

PaddyMonty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if I'm being nosey but why on earth would anyone steal petrol?
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

At current fuel prices my lorries tank hold over £100 of diesel.

Ellaxx

Visit site
We had my pony freezemarked years ago, however i'm not quite sure why as we could never catch him so thives certainly wouldn't mannage it!
A mare i used to ride saddle was stolen a few years ago, they cut straight through the lock and since then it's been made more secure! Last week atleast 4 of the lorries at the yard had fuel stolen! Luckily we only had about £25 worth of diesel taken! I think the plan now is to leave it with as little as possible in the tank, beacuse we do have a locked petrol cap but they somehow mannaged to get it off!!
xx

showjump2003

Visit site
Touch wood never had anything horsey related stolen. All three horses are insured for theft. One horse is freeze marked but only because she came to me already done.

I keep my saddle in my house but the rest of the stuff is kept unlocked outside.

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
never had anything stolen *touches wood* except from maybe a few brushes that myseteriusly dissapear but think its just the kids on the yard borrowing them and not putting them back

my ned is microchipped and insured
hes on a very secluded yard with owners house next to the barn so would be difficult to steal when in stable, however our fencing is appualing at the minute!