What do you feed your youngster??

LiveryList

www.*******.co.uk
Ellie is a 15.2is 3yo TB just been backed (she has been turned away for the last 3mths due to injury but am feeding the same just lesser quantities). When in 'normal' work she has a small scoop of Hi-Fi, a mug of Calm & Condition, Biotin and Slosh of Oil with a big scoop of fibrebeet added when it is really cold over the winter. I used to feed her a balancer but have always used C&C on my hot headed types so switched her over when she started ridden work. When we had the D&H lady out to our yard the other month she said she would do on their fibre feed as that woudl sustain her but didn't feel that i could just feed her a chaff based feed.. i would have felt a bit mean! :)

Gracie21

Visit site
14 hh arab X 2yrs 8 months ...

Chaff, Sugabeet (only now its getting cold, to stop him from dropping condition!) and some mix :) And as much hay as he can eat at night!

Just about to start him on calm and condition!

Ladylina83

Visit site
Speedi beet caff and suregrow + lots of hay looks ace he's got a substatial frame and dipite being TO 24/7 up until 3 weeks ago has a good covering with out being fat.

fabscd

Visit site
2.5 year old filly, fed Alfa A oil, sugarbeet, balancer, linseed and Oil once a day, out on grass 24/7 and gets fed one section of (large bale) haylage once a day. Seems a lot but she had grass sickness in June, so is only now looking a normal weight and i certainly don't want her to lose any through winter.

Zimzim

Visit site
3.5 year old TB x (Sports horse) just starting the process of being backed, has spillers balancer, haylage when in and grass when out.

liannexsx

Visit site
Rising 3yo 16.2 warmblood. Stabled overnight, hardstanding in day time. Fed adlib hay and 2 feeds of half scoop of chaff, half scoop pasture mix, 1/4 scoop sugar beet and limestone flour

Sparkles

Visit site
My rising 2 year old cob gets coolstance, extra vit/ming supplement, ad lib hay and mix in his ball whenever I've bought it in just because my TB gets it.

1973horse

Visit site
3yr tb gelding 2 handfulls of chaff scoop of mix 2 scoops speedy beet twice daily grass plenty of hay. 2 yr welsh section a no hard feed just hay and grass

katastrophykat

Visit site
Rising three tb x Connie x Hanoverian... (don't ask!) MW hunter to be... We have him slimming down at the moment as he's rather huge, on a double handful of hifi lite, very small scoop of hifiber nuts and a bit and min supplement with biotin as his feet are a bit pants at times. First two winters was on Alfa a and suregrow. Has smallish net of Haylage overnight while in and is out from 6.30am to 5pm usually on grass that isn't great.

Lgd

Visit site
18 month old KPWN colt.

Haylage and Winergy Low. Not much of the latter though, gets about a 1lb split between two feeds. Mainly to keep his face straight when the others are fed and to give him his supplements - vits/min & biotin & cortaflex. The latter on recommendation of vet as he had a nail injury to his foot which penetrated very deep and hit cartilage on the navicular bone. All tidied up and completely sound now but not taking any chances as he is a rather special boy.

assuan

Visit site
Our two youngsters:

1.5 year old - 15.3 P.R.M - hifi original, D&H Suregrow and some garlic - little ground work, heaps of play

3.5 year old - 14.3 CobXNF - hifi original, D&H pasture mix and some garlic - some light work (20-30 minutes 5/6 days per week in walk, some trot) and lots of play with the pesty PRM above.

Both have lots of lovely hay at night and we've still get heaps of the green stuff

scrunchie

Visit site
My rising 2 TBx gelding is on hay, speedibeet, Pure conditioning and a scoop of micronised linseed. He's lives out 24/7. There's also a mineral lick in the field.

becca1305

Visit site
2yrs 8months hanoverian currently standing at 17hh.

Plenty of grazing available for her.

Per day (split into 2 feeds)
2 handfuls low calorie chaff
recommended amount of Topspec lite balancer (225g daily)
apple

adlib hay and haylage mix for stable overnight

She is currently in the right condition according to the vet as with her size and breed it is very important for her not to get fat, but I have a bag of dodson and horrel suregrow on standby which Im anticipating needing through jan/feb. :)

opinionuk

Visit site
I let my youngster unlimited hay as shes quite highly strung I only feed her highfibre chop and calm and condition twice a day, I don't feed her anything with molasses in it.

Cobiau Cymreig Wyllt

Visit site
2yrs 4 mths super-sharp v good doer Sec D - 24/7 TO, 2 slices hay, handful chaff + sprinkle of mix to take mag ox. Currently turned away

2yrs 8 mths v good doer Sec A - 24/7 TO, 1 slice hay, handful chaff + handful mix. In v light work.

Mineral lick in field. Sharing 3-acres with Sec B..enough grass left to keep them amused.

They both look in good healthy condition with a bit extra on board to see them through winter...