What do you get for your livery and how much?

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I think there are two lessons to learn here -

1. Find out everything when you go to a new yard, even things you think are obvious.

2. If the YO rings/texts to say there is a problem go and check or at least ring..

Didn't mean to make you feel bad. Was just making serious points. I've done loads of silly things over the years!xx

Winklepoker

Visit site
£150pm For Stable, Individual grazing and 2 floodlit schools, walker plus hay/haylage is available to purchase on site at £28 per large bale. There are 3 seperate yards both with 3 horses on each. Which works quite nicely. I am really loving it at the minute... so is my boy!

The only thing I would love is a better surface and mirrors but as it stands apparently we have put in planning for new school with exactly that! :D

No assistance offered for anyone from YO but I offer part livery or assisted DIY for anyone who wants it at mates rates

Zimzim

Visit site
I pay £130 a month for DIY. That includes haylage, all year turnout, floodlit school, good sized stable.

We dont have assisted etc as its on a working farm. But all the liverys help one another such as tuning out, brining in etc.

Vetwrap

Visit site
£27 per week for stable, grazing, hay and straw all included.
I feed a few others if I am first down in the morning, when I feed mine, but as a rule, I don't re-hay other people's horses. In my experience, they can begin to "let you" or assume that their horse will be hayed by someone else. Before you know it, you're on DIY and they are getting assisted livery!

That's not a dig at anyone, just a suggestion that the best way is to do it yourself, then you know that it is done, unless you make a formal arrangement with someone else to help you do it instead. That said, I would never leave someone's horse in distress.

Once bitten...

Glad your horse is ok, OP. It always takes a while to work out how a new yard works.

Damnation

Visit site
£182 PCM, or £42 per week.

This includes all year turnout (bar the odd really horrid day in the winter!) hay, the arena (floodlights are going up soon) and stable with rubber matting, a bale of cardboard per week, and the YO feeds and hays the horses every single morning then turns them out (she likes to put them out on a belly full of food in the winter). She does the mornings because her pet hate is liveries turning up at differant times to turn their horses out.

We can obviously go up and muck out etc, but she prefers that she turns the horses out.

Also at the moment because the horses are all still out the YO goes out x3 a day to give them all big piles of hay in the field.

Its not the cheapest livery but for what we get included I think its a very reasonible price :)

Damnation

Visit site
I am on part livery - She is mucked out, turned out, brought in, hard feed, bedding, hay all included only thing only thing that isn't done on a sat and sun is mucking out although if I am not going to be there it is done at no extra cost. We have indoor school, outdoor school, cross country course, all year turnout, excellent off road hacking on our door step. I am £76 per week for that.

:eek: Can I move in with you?!

mrmac

Visit site
I pay £180 per month. This is a 14 x 14 stable. all mucking out included, all haylage and straw included. The yo turnouts in the morning and gives them their feed. We just have to put the beds down and get them in. we have amazing all year turnout as its a 500 acre dairy farm and in the winter we get the cow fields to graze in, fat horses all year round!! We have a 30 x 60 floodlit menage and 500 acres to ride in aswell.