What do you get your farrier for Christmas

Floofball

Visit site
I always offer sex, but he always refuses, which is fine by me, as we are both blokes and neither of us are gay, then 12 months free of worrying until next xmas..

Made me giggle ��

Glad other people have said nothing as I've never got mine anything. Don't think he expects anything?!? Pay him enough through the year amd I'm always there with a brew and biscuits and clean horses to show my appreciation.

peaceandquiet1

Visit site
Anothing from me either! I pay him enough through the year, if he comes to my place very early he gets a bacon sandwich and coffee.

I spoil my farrier by ensuring that my horse is in, with clean dry legs and feet well before he arrives, I pay him on the day and make my next booking on the day
Not spoiling-everyone should be doing this!

kez81

Visit site
I have kbown my farrier for donkeys years now and we have become good friends, drink in the pub, attend barbeques etc so he gets me a gift and i get him one and of course his apprentice who has patiently put up with our "banter" over the last year and borne being the butt of many a joke with a smile and quick witted retort. Usually we get each other something silly along with a nice bottle of something. Last year I got him a calendar of hunky farriers to show him what he is up against...his wife loved it!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
My farrier is new to me (only been once for regular shoeing) but he really put himself our on his first visit which was to sort out an abscess.

I don't know him and have no idea what to get him - please help me out :)
Nothing - never have

where would I stop

feed man
hay man
trainer 1
trainer 2
gasman
electric man
lorry mechanic
car mechanic
jeeze I would be broke if I brought presents for everyone in relation to this yard.

Nicnac

Visit site
Nothing. Surely it is them who should be giving their clients something. Mine gets £125 every 5 weeks from me and has done for many many years. That's £1300 a year.

Araboo27

Visit site
I'm obviously a horrible customer because I've never got him anything!

and he really put himself out for me, with abscesses, coming out at 9pm because the horse was in so much pain and standing around for hours with the vet for xrays etc!! and now to make things worse I'm not even using him because my horse is having to self trim his own feet!! agggghhh now I'm feeling really horrible

Same! It wouldn't even have occurred to me, I'm such a horrible person 😩

Goldenstar

Visit site
I give my farrier a gift to thank him for going the extra mile .
When one horse lost a shoe last week he came out within hours so the horse did not have to miss a lesson
For the care he takes with my TB's difficult feet .
For always being on time ( in fact usually early ) .

Pebble101

Visit site
Mine has now been to me 4 times and only once for a normal shoeing. The other times were to take shoe off and find abscess, once to put shoe back on once abscess drained and once to replace the shoe he had lost in the field - that was FOC. I appreciate I am not a long-standing customer of his - although both my horses are very easy to shoe and don't give him any trouble. I think he's earned a small present :)

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I feel bad, I rang my farrier up Monday to come out weds or today this week, planning to get him a little something as he always comes ASAP and is very good with my young horses. Plan didn't work as he rang back 10 mins later and said he had a cancellation so would be there in 5 mins! So he turned up with his chocolate santa from his previous customer, and I had got him nothing :( oh well, he can have an easter egg or something next year !

FFAQ

Visit site
This is my first Christmas as a fully qualified EP and I have been amazed at the amount of Christmas presents I've been given! I think it's really nice that people want to give me anything at all and I'm sure your farrier will feel the same. One client gave me a Christmas tree of stacked home baked cookies - trying hard to save them until Christmas!!

sasquatch

Visit site
Another who doesn't buy my farrier anything!

He does my horses shoes, comes out when needed, however we are not close friends and I (hopefully) only have to see him every 6 - 8 weeks.

At my last yard, we did get my YO and instructor a small gift for the past 2-3 years (I think we got them both things like thermal mugs for when they are teaching as they used to always use normal mugs that were no good when it rained or tins of nice biscuits/chocolates or a bottle of wine) we had been at the yard for 9 years though and both had been a huge help to me and my horse.