What do you love most about your horse?

mystiandsunny

Visit site
Felt like starting a nice, positive thread for a change! I have more than one, but will put the best things that are true about all of them!!

- Willingness to please at all times
- Gentleness and care, around my son and other children.
- Personality. They are so open and honest, always try to communicate problems rather than just 'acting out'.

Can you tell I had a lovely morning with them? My newest one is only young, yet she is so careful and gentle, soft and loving. Aren't horses wonderful creatures? Sometimes, in the middle of a long hard winter it's easy to forget that. It is so nice now it's spring so there are fewer chores, and more time to spend with them!

fburton

Visit site
I may be odd (that's what people tell me anyway ;)), but smell comes quite high on the list, in addition to the things you mentioned. I hope I'm not the only one...

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I don't know where to start! He has more personality than any horse I've ever known; v cheeky and he spends most of his life genuinely excited about everything, like a child who looks at the world in awe and wonder. Willingness to please - he loves to work and learn new things. Sweet and gentle, easy to do in every way. He is like a big puppy and would curl up in the house by the fire with you if you let him.

indiat

Visit site
I love how my pony smells too! I love that he loves people, always wanting tobe the centre of attention and loves to be stroked, cuddled and kissed. So eager to please as well, when you tell him he is a good boy he wriggles like a pup. He is also very good with my children and is just the loveliest person I could spend my time with.

rowan666

Visit site
I have 5 but of them all my fave is my anglo because hes a mummys boy, i would let him get away with murder and would never make him do anything he didnt want to do (im different with the others) but (or maybe because) he always does everything asked of him! hes very loyal and trusts me so much when im leading him and walk smack bang into something i.e closed gate that he walks into it to! Lol (this did happen actually happen today and similar instances in past), hes so sensitive but very forgiving, bags of charecter and of coarse hes gorgeous!

BethanT

Visit site
I may be odd (that's what people tell me anyway ;)), but smell comes quite high on the list, in addition to the things you mentioned. I hope I'm not the only one...

No I actually love how my horse smells, when she is clean!

My favourite thing about her though is the fact she always calls back to me when I call for her, or when she sees me coming round the corner on the yard. Its not a needy call, shes just a total noisebox!
She is also another very loving mare with a beautiful nature, though bit of a tank at the minute, I think she will settle to be a very gentle mare too.

Goldenstar

Visit site
J , I love his smell , his fabulous paces , the way he swaggers like mick jagger when he walks up the field .
H , the way he does the ID version of riverdance behind his stall bar when some exciting happens on the yard and his excessively floppy bottom lip .
Fatty , I just love Fatty he's almost human he's cheeky and clever and he so knows his job .
Tatts , what to love about Tatts , he's very very brave and he tries so hard to get things right so hard it tends to go wrong , he will never learn that less is more , and he has the cutest little ears .

Auslander

Visit site
I also love how he reads my mind, and acts accordingly. I was thinking about riding him this evening...
10374528_10152459298320730_1748939686791425231_n.jpg

Visit site
I don't have my own, so here is a compilation of the ones I've ridden/helped with...
1. When they look to you for reassurance, and you know they trust you
2. I agree- when they smell lovely!
3. One pony who I've been riding a lot recently, when he flaps his lips occasionally!
4. Same pony, when his ears flap a bit as he works down onto the bit
5. When they seem genuinely happy to see you and want cuddles before you say good bye!

As you can tell, I really loved some of those horses :)

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
He was remarkably smug...I was very tempted to pressure wash him!

Where we live you could just stand him outside :-(

Mine- I love how he chose me and looks after me, when I feel fit he can wake up and dance, but if I lose a stirrup or something he realises and catches me, brings himself back to steady. When my hip is bad he seems to know and turns into Nanny Jay.

Of course I also love that he is excessively beautiful, moves wonderfully, and jumps like a pro, but actually I love that he combines all that with the inbuilt nanny, especially as he has had to learn to trust as he was a very naughty boy before. Once he chose me (over the stable door) he just decided to work with me, and for that I am grateful.

1ST1

Visit site
I love everything about him but what I love the most must be his big, deep, wise, liquid dark eyes with long white eyelashes that always follow me whenever I am near...

lunarlove

Visit site
Just seeing him every day makes all the stresses of everyday life seem so distant, his smell, his cheeky nibbles at me, his excited little whinnies when dinners coming and his silly little quirks like spooking at a different colour patch of grass, just everything about him makes me super proud to be his mum :) (wow now that was soppy)

L&M

Visit site
My older cob rests his head into my shoulder when putting his bridle on and 'snuzzles' me - he will do it for as long as I allow.....

I have to remind myself of these moments when he cavorts around bucking like a 4 yr old, and with me scared for my health!!

hattietwirl

New User
Visit site
I love the fact that my pony puts all of his trust into me and we can accomplish things people never thought we could. I also love when he whinnies at me across the field and is gentle with my (as she puts it 'mostly clueless') mother.

Cabaret

Visit site
He's so keen to work and learn new things and he tries oh-so-very hard to please, even though he misses the mark sometimes. :)

He's a joy to hack and can be very relaxed for a young horse, yet knows his job in the ring.

On top of all that, he's just so darn cute and snuggly!

STRIKER

Visit site
Everything, they are my best of friends and even the new girl is already saying hello when she sees me only been 2 days, bless

oldie48

Visit site
Six weeks in with new horse and I love that he forgives my mistakes and gives me so much confidence, he's such a kind genuine horse but talented too and an absolute gentleman to handle and do. I feel so lucky to have found him! I just hope he feels lucky to have found me!

Magnetic Sparrow

Visit site
I've had my new mare just over a year and every time I go to the field to get her in, I call her name and she gives a wild neigh and runs over to the gate. I know it's just because she expects to get fed, but I've never had a horse with recall before!

GinaGeo

Visit site
With the Connie I love how genuine and kind he is.

My bay pony has a cracking sense of humour and tries so so hard to please.

They're both genuinely lovely "people" to have around.

Madam Min

Visit site
Chloe is a diva at time but she also tries her best for me, I love how she whinnies and actively looks for me, sometime she'll just stand in the stable and rest her head on my shoulder and blows on me, love her so much!

Amber is a total sweetheart and although she was a tad wild through the winter, she wants to please and is improving all the time, love her loads!

Rudolph's Red Nose

Visit site
He neighs whether he hears or sees me when I arrive at yard / field ..

He has a squishy nose which he lets me kiss when we all alone (not in front of his horsey mates lol)

He is my best friend x