What do you pay for zoom training???

jules9203

www.pensdellequestrian.org.uk
I'm looking at putting some training packages together including zoom meetings. What would you all be prepared to pay for a private or group zoom meeting focusing on various subjects such as goal setting / confidence / mind set / visualisation etc? Looking at 1 hr sessions.

jules9203

Wow is there really no interest? After the first lockdown and this one I would have thought the way forward would be on line.I know it can't replace face to face learning but there is a huge amount to be gained doing some 'out of the saddle' training combined with in the saddle work ??

jules9203

Worked with horses for over 30 yrs, BHS Stage 4 Coach and Stable Manager, BHS APC, Centre 10 Advanced Coach. Run a succesfull livery yard and freelance coach. Competed BE, BD and BS. Just want a rough idea what people charge or are happy to pay

mavandkaz

Visit site
I suppose the issue is that there is already quite a lot there online. And a fair bit for free (or at least free trials before paying).
I know someone locally who does goal setting and confidence/mind set stuff, but this is part of a package including regular lessons, and can include a rider fitness program as well.
I don't think I would pay for separate sessions but may do it as part of a package eg block buy 6 lessons and get a couple of zoom lessons as part of it.
To be honest goal setting and mind set type stuff is included in my normal lessons, and both instructors are happy to problem solve in between lessons if needed for no extra fee (obviously I am conscious of not taking up their time so it's no more then a few minutes, and only when absolutely necessary)
During full lockdown I would have been happy to pay for remote lessons or sending videos to my instructor for feedback.
Must admit I am not a fan of the zoom meeting platform/idea - but thats very much just a personal thing. Any that I have to do for work have the camera turned off ?

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I have done quite a few Caroline Moore ones which are about £15 for 90 mins. I did loads of British Breeding ones which I found good and they were free pretty much. Done one or two charlie Unwin ones as well. I also do vet ones which are free. I am a bit of a knowledge junkie. I spent a lot of money each year attending demos pre-covid.

I would suggest you lay out the subjects you want to cover - do some really good powerpoints with videos embedded to make it interesting and advertise them as events on facebook and share round local groups.
If I was you I would do it around subjects which combine mindset and practical with a catchy title. Warm Ups is always a big issue for riders. What is the perfect warm up? Why do we do it? what should we be thinking about? How to test things? What if it goes wrong? I wouldn't expect to pay more than £10. Maybe something about lacking motivation in winter training and how to get it back with some fun ideas for exercises that can be done out hacking on in a 20x40 without much kit.

I would offer a couple of packages to local riding clubs/pony clubs as well. See if they are interested in anything.

Ossy2

Visit site
I think the main difference now is, during the first lockdown trainers weren’t allowed to work, livery yards were restricting time spent at yards and access to training was more difficult. However this time trainers are still allowed to teach one to one and therefore access to in person training is easier this time around, so I’m still having having face to face lessons without the need to look at alternatives. I imagine more people are in that position this time around and not seeking virtual training available quite the same.

MissTyc

Visit site
My dressage trainer who is super top had some success selling one-off webinars and 1-2-1s during and after the first lockdown. She started with some free ones to get people interested, then started charging £5 for groups sessions or £15 for private. Her lesson fee is £55 on her own yard and starting at £80 on other yards and she is usually booked full. The moment the charge was introduced the interest died off as there was so many free opportunities available. She now has a monthly subscription service for I think £6/month to access group 4-5 sessions online plus a personalised response and this is fairly successful, with about 20 subscribers. So that's £120/month for quite a lot of work ... the same income as two lessons basically. I don't think she'll be continuing even though she says she had really enjoyed it to keep herself sane and in the loop. Now in lockdown 2.0, she's back to ~5 lessons/day of people travelling to her so it's easy to see where people want to put their money.

I'm not saying any of this to put you off, as strong branding/marketing would probably make a real difference here and we all know that some people become online influencers and become very popular! But there is a lot of competition out there.

One of my local eventing coaches was doing live Zoom lessons using a mobile phone connected to a bluetooth headset to talk to the rider in the arena!