What do you think of these ?

Bede

Visit site
Those pink ones are hideous.
Plastic glue on shoes have been around for a while. I can't see the advantage of having a conventional metal shoe embedded within the plastic

Chococat

Visit site
Ugly (as are Crocs!) I suppose they would be easier to find in the field though, unlike horseshoes which seem to magically disappear.

Auslander

Visit site
It's such a crap article! Tranquillising horses to fit glue on shoes/horse with (presumably) an abscess, suddenly able to run around like a foal - really? They just look like a gimmick to me - more marketing than new science.

LeannePip

Visit site
My favourite sentence is:
'We have created a range of different colours for the GluShu as recently people have started to pay for their horses to have cosmetic items, such as headcollars and bridles'

i'm pretty sure head collars and bridles aren't a recent commodity and serve more purpose than just being a cosmetic item!

JillA

Visit site
I wonder how you remove them - or do you have to wait until they have grown out, which means the wall protruding beyond the sole by the depth of the "shoe". Or do you cut through the shoe? Or dissolve the glue - all those chemicals on the hoof wall :(

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
Ewww, nope! (Especially not P I N K! :eek4::eek4:) The black ones look just about OK, but still a no from me.
Terrible 'article' from the Daily Fail, as per usual.

iconique

Visit site
We had problems with a youngster who had to have very early corrective help, my farrier refused to use glue and instead used a cement type wrap on the feet. Our vet was insistent about using glue shoes. After many heated discussions, it turned out my farrier was very anti the glue and the affect of it on the feet, plus getting them off regularly to then keep adjusting the correction.
Needless to say we didn't go glue and it worked (big commitment from farrier)
So from my limited experience a few years ago, I would be questioning the glue's effect on the feet?

Crazydancer

Visit site
If there is a metal shoe, how does the farrier fit the shoe to each hoof?? This looks like he would have to fit the hoof to the shoe.... errrrrr no thanks.

FinkleyAlex

Visit site
It's such a crap article! Tranquillising horses to fit glue on shoes/horse with (presumably) an abscess, suddenly able to run around like a foal - really? They just look like a gimmick to me - more marketing than new science.

It's only the US version that requires tranquilising. I can see a small market for these - for example my arthritic retired horse is still struggling a little to get used to being barefoot, but also couldn't take the hammering/extensive leg holding that keeping shoes on him entailed. These would provide comfort for him whilst being much faster to put on. At 23 I don't need to worry much about the long term effects of glue. That said, I'm not sure about the metal within and how that would fit every horse etc.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
you don't have to fit the shoe to the hoof as they are more flexible than dealing with steel horse shoes/sizing.

I much prefer imprints/easyshoes though that maintain frog pressure. I'm not sure what american system they are suggesting where you have to make them on site!?

Pebble101

Visit site
Imprints have been suggested by my vet and farrier for my horse but they don't go big enough. Will have a look to see if these might suit (but he's not having pink!)

Edited to add that's another which doesn't get anywhere near the size I need :(

cundlegreen

Visit site
The problem with all these sorts of shoes is that they glue on ok the first time, but stay in place less and less time, as the glue just doesn't stick to the foot as well with repetition.I use epona shoes on my eventer. They can be glued, glued and nailed, or just nailed. My mare has very sensitive soles, and her workload mean't that the quarters of her feet kept breaking up when shod conventionally, and she got more and more "toey". I've always been careful not to feed her sugar in her diet, and barefoot is not an option as she does need studs when eventing, as she hates to slip. The Eponas have changed her action considerably, and my farrier now nails on the shoes. She has never lost one XC, although we do have a problem with the studholes actually coming out of the shoe sometimes, which is a design fault. her soles are a lot thicker now, and her heels have widened considerably due to the frog pressure. The carbide tips on the toes of the shoes give her good grip on slippery roads, and I don't have to worry quite as much if she's competing on hard ground, as the plastic does absorb a lot of concussion. I'd really recommend these shoes, especially as they go 2 or 3 shoeings before needing to be replaced.

DSC_1145_zpstby9abhw.jpg