What do you think of this advert?

skye123

Visit site
http://www.horsemart.co.uk/advert/16_yrs_15_1_hh_dark_bay_welsh_x_warwickshire/88402 What do you think?
smile.gif

scrumpygus

Visit site
honestly thats a nice little horse but i wouldnt pay that money for a 16yo of that type esp being not a nov ride - max i would say for a horse like that £500 -800?

skye123

Visit site
Yes she is mine
smile.gif
Just wanted some honest opinions about price/ what i could do to improve the advert etc
smile.gif
Ive had a few people down my yard say that is a very good price for her as she's a good little horse and comes with absolutly everything (boots, tack, rugs etc)
smile.gif

kezimac

Visit site
i think the price is ok - shes not a novice ride as she can jump, xc etc, i class novice ride as something you can put a beginer on - even though 16 i dont see it being an issue - nice horse

Halfpass

Visit site
shocked.gif

Really??

I actually thought the price wasn't too bad. Think about it, this horse could have another 10 years or more left in it plus getting a full wardrobe which is probably worth quite a bit. It would probably be a good teenagers horse - have you thought of advertising in Pony Club?

I'd say be prepared to accept say £1500 or maybe advertise with out tack sell it seperately. Many people won't take into account that you have added in a free wardrobe for the horse.

Good luck and I hope you find a lovely new home for your horse.

vieshot

Visit site
Yes really. 16 may not be old, old but all the same, IMO the only way a general alrounder of that age should make that amount of money is if its a novice ride.

Sol

Visit site
Surely saddle/bridle/rugs etc. easily add up to nearly £1000 if not more? Think what it'd cost to buy new otherwise!
I think it doesn't sound too bad, my only comment (I'm no expert on ads though!) is that if I was looking as a buyer, I'd expect to see photos that matched the description - you say has competed but jumps don't look that big in the photos and other ridden photo is in walk. I'd prefer to see a photo of horse in trot/canter in an outline & jumping at least 2'6 or a XC fence if looking for a PC/RC type... That's just me personally though!

vieshot

Visit site
Depends what saddle, bridle, rugs etc it is! You can get a brand new saddle for under £100 and a bridle for £20!

golddustsara

Visit site
Oh dear - well I paid £1400 for my 18yo warmblood ex eventer... If she is a schoolmistress type then I'd say £1750 dropping to £1500 was acceptable.

duggan

Visit site
Agreed, if I like a horse i'll buy tack for it, I don't add up the price and take it into account i'm afraid. But she looks sweet and is a complete purchase which is ideal for a novice...only she's not. so the price would put me off before going any further. I'd always put a price on the horse, then offer tack if it's wanted.
Photos kind of say the horse hasn't done much, low fences and walking pic doesn't sell her IMO. And there is very little wording, i'd rather see the 'good to hack/box/shoe' at least. Surely if she's done ode's, hunting etc you must have some pics?
She looks like a good doer too, sell her good points more. Easy to keep/catch, mixes well, good in the stable would catch my eye more than why you are selling her and how you may be fussy on where she goes. And the no dealers/timewasters bit is pointless. Timewasters never tell you that is what they are, neither do joyriders and dealers! It's something you have to filter through and put up with when you sell a horse.
She looks a good allrounder so I ditto the comments about contacting the pony club or stick her on their websites.
Good luck!

soulfull

Visit site
Personally unless she has done SJ etc to a decent level then she is over priced. If she can competively jump xc and SJ easily upto 2ft 9in then maybe £1500.. Wardrobe is not as important as it once was with tack and rugs starting at such low prices now.

Quadro

Visit site
i think the price is not ridiculous but maybe be prepared to take £1500, also list the type of saddle/bridle (if they are decent) then people will realise what they are getting eg if it a jefferies saddle of something similar.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
need more details on her competing levels really and I dont really think the pics do her justice.

sounds like she did all the competing/hunting with previous owner and has done nothing with you?

why isnt she a novice ride.... I wouldnt sell frank to a novice but he is quite schoolmastery in other ways. eta and he is 17, I am not selling him but wouldnt worry about selling him not loaning he is fit and out competing most weekends and known about here so someone would want him, I wouldnt let him go for less than £1500 though I think if he would pass a vetting.

skye123

Visit site
Ok thanks
smile.gif
I know I need to add more onto the advert I just had to put it up in a bit of a rush
smile.gif
She has done everything in the advert with me just did hunting with old owner hence it says that on the advert
tongue.gif
I would put her out on loan but it just isn't practical as I'm going abroad and then uni
smile.gif