what do you think of this horse?

pixiebee

Visit site
what do you reckon? appologies for the picture overload.lol!!
jai6.png

jai5.png

jai3.png

016-1.jpg

014.jpg

only_me

Visit site
Looks like horse is either strong or being held in quite a lot.
Mane is over on wrong side too :p pet hate lol!

Nice horse though :)

pixiebee

Visit site
sadly not, we were playing guess the breed the other day! he has a sports horse passport but thats it. he is 13 bless him, i have to say, ive had him a week today and im in looooooooooooooooooooooovveeee already! fancied him for a bit of everything, but wondering if dressage might be his forte!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Phew, thought your latest chap had turned black!!!!

Hows the other one doing anyway? :)

This one looks nice, although a bit on his forehand and tense but I guess if mind is on mares, one can understand.

Oh... stop looking down! :D

pixiebee

Visit site
he was cut very late so is very riggy with mares. There is one just gone into season and he keeps sniffing the air lol. He hasnt had much schooling the past year and ive only had him a week, this is the 5th time ive ridden him and he is soooooo forward going and bouncy.lol

pixiebee

Visit site
i am going to have some lessons on him so hopefully can learn to hold him with my seat and not so much with his mouth. Everytime i softened the contact he zoomed of! I think its a case of just getting used to each other, dont really want to put a stronger bit in though, im sure with schooling/fitness and becoming more supple, we will improve! he is soooo keen.lol!

Victoria25

Visit site
Ohh he looks luuuuurvely ... he does look like a black hannovarian I've had my eye on for a while now for breeding with my mare ... not sure if I can write on here his name etc but pm me if you'd like his name to compare? x

kirstie

Visit site
He is lovely. Once you get to know him you'll find him easier... Or not! His neck needs to be longer, you'll need to work out a way of slowing him down and pushing the neck out. It can be tricky. Enjoy it though, looks like you are going to have a lot of fun!

Tammytoo

Visit site
He is a lovely big boy (or are you just small:) ) I agree with the comments of tenseness and shortened neck, but as you are going to do something about this can't see any other proiblems.

Good luck and enjoy!