What do you think of this horse?

BSJAlove

Visit site
I quite like her! if thats all shes going to be used for, she looks very sane. TBH id go look. her topline can be worked on after all.

Fairytale

Visit site
Not usually one for commenting on horses in this way, but going to have a go with this one :)

What I see in the first video is a very nice but not outstanding mare, cant see any unsoundness myself but appears to be evading the contact more than actual headshaking. If you look at the bit where she canters off with the reins dropped, she adopts a completely different and very nice way of going. She certainly doesnt look like a horse with a back issue (and I've had a few of those!).

The second vid is a bit sad really. A genuine kind mare ridden badly and a bit confused about what she should be doing! Looks unbalanced but the ground is very uneven. Neck muscles can disappear very quickly when a horse is ridden incorrectly or even just turned away.

If I were looking for a horse of this type, I wouldnt be put off without actually seeing her in the flesh and would suspect tooth trouble :)

All just my humble opinion ;)

gingerthing

Visit site
I dont think she looks a bad type! However..

The first video she looks to me as though shes a little stiff ?in her backend, as doesnt appear to be tracking up properly/working over her back, and also the times when she was evading the contact. It could be that she may be a headshaker, or even just that her teeth need looking at?

I agree with other posters, that the second video she does look sad, that neck muscle is very poor and again I noticed that she wasnt tracking up well.

I think if you do really like her you need to go and see her in the flesh (more than once), give the seller a good grilling and get a full vetting done

Unpaid Groom

Visit site
I took a very long drive to Norfolk last summer to try her, it's Ruby, she is a Bavarian Warmblood

Haven't read the whole thread but my work colleague directed me to it as she recognised the name

Can't believe she is still there and she looks so poor now :(

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I took a very long drive to Norfolk last summer to try her, it's Ruby, she is a Bavarian Warmblood

Haven't read the whole thread but my work colleague directed me to it as she recognised the name

Can't believe she is still there and she looks so poor now :(

How did you find her - nice horse??

Unpaid Groom

Visit site
How did you find her - nice horse??

I though she was ok actually but my O/H couldn't ride her for toffee

She is quite dainty, very floaty but pony steps

You need to sit very quietly on her, ladies horse.

Bit 'flighty' and spooked a bit out but overall a nice mare, she wanted too much money for her though on top of my part ex and the only reason I would have taken her was to get rid of the gelding I bought and didn't get on with.

She was very sensitive, threw her head around quite a bit but I did find the previous owner and she had nothing but good to say about Ruby which is why I was tempted to try her. Worth a look if you're local but I do wonder why she is still there?

traceyann

Visit site
I think i know the second horse ruby about 15.3 was very ewe necked and was ex brood mare could rear in hand when windy. she was a nice horse though and boy could she jump didnt have any vices when i knew her bit spooky on road but not bad as i used to hack out with her not on her which dealer is she with

Unpaid Groom

Visit site
She is deffo the Ruby I tried and that is the jumping field I tried her in - she still at Annette Taylors?

She has a Bavarian brand mark too, I liked that more than the mare lol

tristar

Visit site
what a lovely horse! her natural balance and rhythm is what i like, elegant paces, a flowing canter with long strides, and appears to have nature to die for, what a tragedy she is in this state and being condemned like a piece of meat on a public forum when none of us knows what she has been through or for that matter is suffering from, teeth, feet, bad riding lack of food , indifferent management etc.

i sincerely hope something good happens for her soon.

Unpaid Groom

Visit site
what a lovely horse! her natural balance and rhythm is what i like, elegant paces, a flowing canter with long strides, and appears to have nature to die for, what a tragedy she is in this state and being condemned like a piece of meat on a public forum when none of us knows what she has been through or for that matter is suffering from, teeth, feet, bad riding lack of food , indifferent management etc.

i sincerely hope something good happens for her soon.

I have in no way condemned her, I said she was not that poor when I tried her and that I kind of liked her!

wallykissmas

Visit site
Looks a nice horse in the first video, the second she looks in poor condition. I would read the t&c's on the dealers website, have a vetting done and not offer more than £700.

The person is a well known Norfolk Dealer.

Unpaid Groom

Visit site
She was advertised firstly on her Facebook page then when people started to get interested it went up to £4500 after a couple of shows.

She wanted my horse to sell on plus £1500 plus delivery and wouldn't drop!

I felt it an unfair exchange so turned her down

fatpiggy

Visit site
I don't think the lack of neck in the second video has anything to do with the horse being out of work for a period. My 28 year old , retired for 6 years has more muscle and topline than that. What a shame for her, she looks quite nice but definitely not worth more than £1000 if she was fully fit and healthy.

squiz22

Visit site
I have to say I actually find this quite upsetting. The poor horse has declined considerably from one video to another. The child rider does nothing for the horse and it looks unlevel and in a really sad and sorry state.

I know what I'm like I'd have this horse to take it away from wherever it is. However, with an owner quite clearly lacking knowledge/care, which has to be the case to let this horse get to this state, would you want to buy from her?

Actually its down right irresponsible...