What do you think of this horse?

Cowpony

Visit site
A friend is going to see it and I was the one that found the ad so now I'm feeling all responsible :p

http://www.horsemart.co.uk/15hh-rising-8-ish-conni-x-type-irish-gelding-/Horses/318754

I like him. His back looks a bit odd in the lunging photo but it may just be the angle. The seller seems to be honest about what he will and won't do. I'd definitely go for a look, but if I got to the vetting stage I'd ask for special attention to be paid to conformation if he looks the same in real life.

webble

Visit site
I like him. His back looks a bit odd in the lunging photo but it may just be the angle. The seller seems to be honest about what he will and won't do. I'd definitely go for a look, but if I got to the vetting stage I'd ask for special attention to be paid to conformation if he looks the same in real life.

Thanks they were pretty much my thoughts

be positive

Visit site
He has an odd jumping style, the near fore is tucked up high in both photos with the off already going forward, it may just be two bad shots but if she wants to jump I would study his technique carefully when trying him, it may be a sign of an underlying problem, uneven muscling or odd feet causing him to hold himself like that over a fence, he is also pushing off unevenly behind the two things are likely to be related but whether it is a training or physical issue I have no idea from those photos seeing him in the flesh can help assess this.

Tiffany

Visit site
Looks a nice sort, got a lovely head and agreed looks a bit long in the back. I'd say worth a look, sounds a good all rounder and my first mare didn't have perfect conformation and dished on one leg but was never sick or sorry.

BethanT

Visit site
I like him but hes a bit overbent and his front looks out of proportion to his back end but I think with muscle building work he will balance out, and being overbent may just be the way the rider has him. I'd definitely have a look.

vickyb

Visit site
He looks herring gutted. It's also a shame he's overbent in some of the pics, and the jumping picture looks odd, but I think it's because it's not taken from the best angle. Better to see them in the flesh really!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Yep, I like him too. Jumping photo's not the best, but perhaps slightly marred by the rider. Well worth a view.

Queenbee

Visit site
I like him, agree with the comments, his jumping pics aren't the best so just pay attention to that when looking, also slightly long in the back and his backside looks like it could do with some more muscle, definitely wouldn't discount him though.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I think he looks nice and reasonably priced for what he is (friend paid that for a similar horse two months ago). He needs building up in the back end and then he won't look so long in the back/herringutted, I don't think he is either..

Bobbly

Visit site
Does look a little herring gutted, possibly purely an over height connie on a sport horse passport? He looks a genuine sort though, green but willing. I'd go look I think?

Moomin1

Visit site
I would say herring gutted, very long in the back for a gelding and he looks to have quite a poor hindquarter in most of the pics. That being said, worth a look I would say as he looks a nice sort temperament wise etc and I suppose it depends what your friend wants him for really.