What do you think of this horse's conformation?

billybob22

Visit site
29g0vaw.jpg

6z97ko.jpg

2w4mjxg.jpg

He's a 15hh Welsh x TB age 12.

Just interested to see what everyone thinks as I don't have much knowledge on this sort of thing!

Moomin1

Visit site
The photos are a bit contradictory tbh. On one he looks camped under behind, and upright in the shoulder, and on the other he doesn't actually look either. He also looks quite long backed in one and short backed in the next, so it's hard to tell which one is a true representation or whether it's just the way he is stood. However, I would say from all pics he does look to be ewe necked and perhaps has a low set neck (slightly).

He's very nice though.

Polos Mum

Visit site
Lovely looking horse, I'm no expert but I always look at how symmetrical they look. The first one he's resting a leg and not square on so impossible to tell, the second on he's front half doesn't quite look like it matches his back half (put your thumb over one half and what you'd expect to see is different to what's there when you take your thumb away)
But TBH unless you're top top end showing it makes no difference to anything. My ex eventer competed at Badminton and looks definitely cut and shut!

billybob22

Visit site
Thanks everyone, the pictures aren't great but he's not great at looking his best when he's standing tied up! I just wanted to know so I can learn what things look like, makes absolutely no difference to me, he will be with me forever and has never been lame in the 9 years I've known him (need to touch wood now!) :)

Moomin1

Visit site
Thanks everyone, the pictures aren't great but he's not great at looking his best when he's standing tied up! I just wanted to know so I can learn what things look like, makes absolutely no difference to me, he will be with me forever and has never been lame in the 9 years I've known him (need to touch wood now!) :)

Well he's a very lucky chap then. :)

ETA - I mean to be with you for life, not that he hasn't gone lame - I wasn't being sarcastic lol!

Thriller

Visit site
He looks very similar in confiomation to my welsh x (always assumed tb or connie)

He was the same. Always a very good horse never lame. He is now lame on the front right but it's undiagnosed and vet just said it must be navicular. He was a rescue and the rescue Man wasn't very good and said he was 4/5 but honestly I think he was about 2 so his first owner did ride him the same as she would ride a 4/5yo and he was trotted before he came to the rescue. Poor chap.

TheMule

Visit site
He's a really super sort- the first pic needs to be discounted because he isn't stood up so it's worthless for looking at confo. The second pic shows a nice uphill, strongly built sort who looks athletic and has all the right proportions for his breeding.
Very smart!

cornbrodolly

Visit site
I also think he is a super sort - very workmanlike and 'useful'.I could see him as a great hunter ,or all rounder. perhaps not classy enough for high level showing ,but much to love about him. I love the Welshies -I think they are under used as a cross , but a lot tougher than ,say, a warmblood . My best horse ever was Welsh D x- love their temperamnet -'can do' cheerful attitude.