What do you think of this? Infra-red stifle wrap

Tash88

Visit site
Hi, before I buy one of these I was wondering if any of you have tried it and what your thoughts are?

https://www.shadowhorse.co.uk/products/fenwick-liquid-titanium-stifle-wrap

My horse has chondromalacia in both his stifles (right side worse) and is doing well in light work following arthroscopy in September 2019, a long period of time off and then steroid injections. I am always looking for things that could potentially help him and came across these. I already use equ-streamz and he wears a Veredus magnetic rug at night. I'm not saying that these will cure his condition as sadly it is degenerative, but if anything could help I'm interested. I bought an infra-red Protechmasta poll pad (just because it was cheap on Ebay) that he wears on his headcollar when turned out and I do think that may have had a small benefit in that he's softer when I ride him, but that could also be down to the warmer weather, me riding him better, or anything else!

Many thanks, Tash x

Bonnie Allie

Visit site
My daughter refers to my infra-red product for my arthritic feet as my “placebo tape”. It works for me and I get great relief.

As your horse can’t read there will be no placebo effect, but given my results if I had access to this, I’d be buying it.

Tash88

Visit site
I wonder if this would help my stifle afflicted Connie (malformed joints and mild arthritis)!

How is your connie getting on, just out of interest? My horse's stifles are slightly malformed as well, that's what the surgeon told me and why he has cartilage problems. It is a very stressful minefield but he is doing well at the moment :)

TotalMadgeness

Visit site
At the moment he is needing twice yearly injections and regular physio to keep him comfortable. He still struggles schooling under saddle in a 20x40m school but is happy out hacking and is much better when ridden in a bigger school.

Tash88

Visit site
Thank you - that's great! My horse had his first injections following arthroscopy and a long period of time off in June. He is fine now but if he begins to struggle he will have the injections again.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
My daughter refers to my infra-red product for my arthritic feet as my “placebo tape”. It works for me and I get great relief.

As your horse can’t read there will be no placebo effect, but given my results if I had access to this, I’d be buying it.

Except placebo effect can occur to the observers ;)