what do you think of this mare ?

jaypeebee

Visit site
She looks like a nice sturdy mare. Her price seemed good then I realised she is not broken. I dont know what cross bred horses are selling for in your area but I would possibly offer 2k for her providing she is sound and does have the nice easy trainable temperament they say.

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I think she looks very nice, very smart. Not sure about the price, I may be totally wrong but think her price is high as she is not even backed etc.
She has some lovely breeding on the welsh D side with Derwin rosina's last and Cyttir telynor, but I think £3k is alot
Perhaps more like £2k, I could be wrong, but the welsh bloodlines are very nice, I always adored cyttir telynor and wanted to breed seren with him, I did work experience at fronarth stud when I was young and he was there still covering mares, he was in his 20's or so then...and that was 15yrs ago there abouts :eek:

missyme10

Visit site
I think she looks nice enough and sounds very nice, what would be your plans for her?
Its good you know her history.

TBH I think 3000 is a lot for a unbacked horse, different if a sports horse as you pay for the potential and the breeding, but a cleveland bay / welsh D cross? I think she's over priced.
Having said that, a horse is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

I paid 3k for a traditional cob, he was supposed to be 5 but turned out to be only 4 and recently backed, I paid over the odds for him but if I could turn back the clock, I'd still pay it as he's wonderful and good natures can be hard to find x

ncarter

Visit site
I'd agree with the others - £3k sounds a lot for an unbroken Welsh x mare, I would have guessed at more the £2K mark. If you search for sec Ds on horsemart you'll find a fair few on there that have done quite a bit and are still under £3K

Good luck!

Chellebean

chellebeanequestrian.com
I have to say I am not a Nebo fan!!! the last Nebo offspring I rode scared me witless! I agree with NativeP you have your work cut out for you!!!
£3k is way over priced at the moment too for that kind of breeding sorry!

Holly27

Visit site
thanks guys its a hard one , as they will let me pay monthly for her so that helps me lots but i got to back her etc .. i owned a Cleavland bay until he had to be put down in July at 28 yrs and i had a sec d which is out on loan as my friend fell in love with her so im kind of use to both breeds ...

maybe il offer 2400 and let them get me up to 2600 which is my max ..

im hoping to do dressage on her and general alround comps ,,, got 3 kids so cant be jumping like i use to te he .. no more stays in hospital for me thanks ...
saying that i got to back her te he

Last edited:

DanaHart

Visit site
Difficult one.......

I paid £3k for my mare 2 yrs ago - she was an un-touched 3yo, but with very good show-jumping bloodlines (registered with pink papers with the AES) - I paid for 'potential', loose jumping she jumps like a STAG! I was more than happy with what I paid for her, as she has turned out to be a very laid-back and sweet tempered 5yo - I can do almost eveything with her (except clip her!!), she currently stands at 17.1hh and is still bum high!

A horse is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

She is a nice little mare, and if she is what you are looking for then I would make an offer of around £2-2.5k (the current market is pants)... it really IS a buyers market.

missyme10

Visit site
thanks guys its a hard one , as they will let me pay monthly for her so that helps me lots but i got to back her etc .. i owned a Cleavland bay until he had to be put down in July at 28 yrs and i had a sec d which is out on loan as my friend fell in love with her so im kind of use to both breeds ...

maybe il offer 2400 and let them get me up to 2600 which is my max ..

im hoping to do dressage on her and general alround comps ,,, got 3 kids so cant be jumping like i use to te he .. no more stays in hospital for me thanks ...
saying that i got to back her te he

That sounds a good plan :)
The way I see it is simple, if you really like her and she's just what you want, whats a few hundred quid? Not a lot if you have her till old age and she's the horse for you x
Good luck, she's a lovely sort and looks well put together, I'm sure she'll be fine for what you want her for x

Holly27

Visit site
ok ive done it justmade a offer ( sent a email 2400 .. but pay monthly) so lets see what she says .. fingers crossed
i cant go any higher as thats my budget ..
il let you know what she says if its more or a no il keep looking
thanks for all your help guys
xx

Visit site
She looks lovely but £3000 is very expensive for a horse which is unbroken in this current market! I would offer £1500 at the most for her.

competitiondiva

Visit site
Good luck with your offer, I have a yearling D cross with not dis-similar lines on the welsh side of course, I would only be looking at £3-3.5K once he is 4 and fully broken and schooling, so £3K unbroken is very high, as an unbroken youngster my boy is up for a hell of a lot less, so I hope they see what you can offer them in this market and accept. Good luck.

dressedkez

Visit site
hi guys , am thinking of buying this mare .. what are your thoughts and how much do you think i should offer ??.. its a friend of a friends horse lovley people so i know all her history as they bred her ...
i will have to back her and continue alot of ground work
thanks
holly

http://www.adhorse.co.uk/horseforsale_36050.html

A bit pricey for unbroken - but then you know her, so that is an advantage - but unless you can bring her on yourself, you will have the expense of having her broken and bought on.
I think she is worth half that ( and yes she probably cost double and some to produce....but it is a buyers market at the moment) If you get her for £1500 then you have similar to send her to someone to break her and produce her - then you might have a nice horse?

Ladyinred

Visit site
I like her. I know nothing about CB breeding but her Welsh lines are good.. and just about every Sec D traces back to Nebo. he was a very busy lad!

I would buy her, but probably not for that much money.