What do you think of this mare?

team barney

Visit site
I guess she has done nothing but breed? What are you planning for her? I wouldn't have thought she had enough bone for the show ring and her conformation isn't perfect.

Her pasterns look very weak, especially as she is just standing there.

Be aware that she may be quite a project. As it sounds like she has done nothing for the first 6 years of her life, she might not take to the idea of being ridden/driven easily!

I am not sure how rare her marking are either, I am not involved with the coloured cob scene but I have met a few gypsy cobs with almost identical markings to her.

Having said that she does have a kind face and looks sweet enough.

The best advice I can offer anyone interested in buying a coloured/unusually marked horse is to paint him/her brown (not literally!) and ask your self if you still like him/her.

juliag

Visit site
I saw her on their facebook page, I really liked her. They also have another one I quite liked the look of too, or maybe they were advertising it for someone else. Go and have a look, I was tempted they seem to have some nice horses there although I dont know them. Keep us posted!

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
She looks lovely. Very sweet and genuine.:)

Thanks, that is what I thought :)

I guess she has done nothing but breed? What are you planning for her? I wouldn't have thought she had enough bone for the show ring and her conformation isn't perfect.

Her pasterns look very weak, especially as she is just standing there.

Be aware that she may be quite a project. As it sounds like she has done nothing for the first 6 years of her life, she might not take to the idea of being ridden/driven easily!

I am not sure how rare her marking are either, I am not involved with the coloured cob scene but I have met a few gypsy cobs with almost identical markings to her.

Having said that she does have a kind face and looks sweet enough.

The best advice I can offer anyone interested in buying a coloured/unusually marked horse is to paint him/her brown (not literally!) and ask your self if you still like him/her.

Thanks teambarney. Yes she is not ready made. If she was painted brown I would still like her, I like her build and kind face from the pictures. Interesting points you make though thanks.
I would get them to back her, just start her off. My late beloved mare came to me at two yrs old, she was backed already. She mooched in a herd and had a few babies and I had no issues with her, she was very well adjusted really. But yes, this mare may feel like a fish out of water. Worth a visit though I think

I saw her on their facebook page, I really liked her. They also have another one I quite liked the look of too, or maybe they were advertising it for someone else. Go and have a look, I was tempted they seem to have some nice horses there although I dont know them. Keep us posted!

Hey juliag. Funnily enough they had a 15hh piebald mare who I also saw before Blossom, she was ride and drive but not done anything for the last couple of years as she was a broodmare, called Holly she was, but she sold very quickly, I noticed her a week after I lost my girl and really liked her. I was actually due to go and see her this weekend but she sold last weekend.

The right one will come along, I am not in a massive rush but am missing it terribly, good to start looking around though :)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
She is unusually coloured for a heavy

She looks to be Sabino (often known as 'blagdon' with these cobs), it's quite a common gene but can be expressed minimally to maximum (horse is a true white).

I like her enough to view. I would have a good feel of her conformation under the feathers. ;)

My chestnut was very lightly backed at four and then not sat on again until she was rising 8, she was easy to get going again and really enjoyed having something to do.

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
She looks to be Sabino (often known as 'blagdon' with these cobs), it's quite a common gene but can be expressed minimally to maximum (horse is a true white).

I like her enough to view. I would have a good feel of her conformation under the feathers. ;)

My chestnut was very lightly backed at four and then not sat on again until she was rising 8, she was easy to get going again and really enjoyed having something to do.

Thanks faracat, never heard of sabino. I did not realise blagdon was related o colouring, thought it was a breeding line. I have never seem many heavies in this dark grey colouring. She does look quite nice, and I hope to pop along and have a look next weekend. The stud has plenty of lovely gypsy cobs so if she is not right, they may have another.
I will have a very thorough look and feel of her without a doubt, she has some very fluffy feathers there :D

lhotse

Visit site
Hmmm, I'm with teambarney about the pasterns, look very weak to me. It does seem like a common fault amongst these gypsy cobs, and we have one at our yard with similar conformation on the front legs, and she has had no end of problems, resulting in an operation to fix a plate to her pastern joint and now the suspensory ligaments have gone. Personally, I wouldn't let her colouring and face get in the way of a set of good legs.

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Hmmm, I'm with teambarney about the pasterns, look very weak to me. It does seem like a common fault amongst these gypsy cobs, and we have one at our yard with similar conformation on the front legs, and she has had no end of problems, resulting in an operation to fix a plate to her pastern joint and now the suspensory ligaments have gone. Personally, I wouldn't let her colouring and face get in the way of a set of good legs.

Thanks, no I would not let her colouring get in the way at all, that would be insane, she is not even the colour I prefer but I fancy having a look in the flesh as there is something I like about her.
Interesting to hear about the case at your yard though, I will be going with my eyes very much open and not be blinded by her colour ;)
I will have a good look under those lovely feathers and all over in fact :)

Visit site
Hi guys, I work quite closely with Aston cobs as Binky01 (I think thats her username) on here is part of their team! And I share her horse at the yard where they break and school and have seen many of their BEAUTIFUL horses in the flesh. Even just cantering around the field, some of them have really great movement and many go on to be successful in the show ring. They all have fantastic temperaments and would highly recommend that you do view as you can't always tell everything from a picture. I've helped back various youngsters and recently took one out hunting and they really are lovely. xx

lhotse

Visit site
Moggy, I wish you all the best with finding a new horse, I lost my mare in feb this year, and I'm in the same area as you, and trying to find something I like is driving me nuts!!! Everything seems to be way up country..
arggg

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Moggy, I wish you all the best with finding a new horse, I lost my mare in feb this year, and I'm in the same area as you, and trying to find something I like is driving me nuts!!! Everything seems to be way up country..
arggg

Thanks, and so sorry to hear you lost your horse earlier this year, it is just awful. My girl was my horse of a lifetime I have to say, I had a very privileged 19/20 yrs with her, she was a real gem and I was lucky to have had such a cracker. Good luck with finding yourself something, the right one will come along. This place looks to have a lot of horses for every type of home/owner so I will pop along next weekend if I can with a friend. Thankfully it is only around 50mins drive. I have seen some nice horses on some sites but they are way too far away. I will widen the search at a later date if I have to, we will see...

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Hi guys, I work quite closely with Aston cobs as Binky01 (I think thats her username) on here is part of their team! And I share her horse at the yard where they break and school and have seen many of their BEAUTIFUL horses in the flesh. Even just cantering around the field, some of them have really great movement and many go on to be successful in the show ring. They all have fantastic temperaments and would highly recommend that you do view as you can't always tell everything from a picture. I've helped back various youngsters and recently took one out hunting and they really are lovely. xx

Hiya, yes, always good to see them in the flesh, as pictures may not give the best/most accurate shot. They do look to have a fab selection of horses and I most definitely will be visiting :)

Cheiro1

Visit site

Glad im not going mad, was going to say I swore Binky01 was something to do with Aston :D

And I agree with the others, go and see her, you can only tell in the flesh :)

Holly Hocks

Visit site
Moggy, I know nothing about conformation whatsoever - I just know if I like what I see. I don't normally like heavies, but I really like the look of this one. Go and see! You're not under any commitment to buy. Good luck and let us know how you get on. x

Sparkles

Visit site
Hello! I think you messaged me the other week over email? It's Lisa :)

Blossom just sold today I'm afraid! She was a well bred, very special mare and all-round lovely.

If you still fancy coming over anytime you're more than welcome for a tour and meet them all!

lhotse

Visit site
Thanks for the message Moggy, I know how hard it is, I had my mare for 22 years and she is going to be a hard act to follow!!

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Hello! I think you messaged me the other week over email? It's Lisa :)

Blossom just sold today I'm afraid! She was a well bred, very special mare and all-round lovely.

If you still fancy coming over anytime you're more than welcome for a tour and meet them all!

Hey Lisa, yes it was me, asking after Holly who sold in a flash too! Did not realise you were on HHO, although I did notice the new coblet pics and thought he looked very similar to one I had seen on the site! I am slow at putting these things together at times :D

Yes, I would love to come over at the weekend, I will send you an email to arrange, am hoping sunday, look forward to meeting you then :D

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Thanks for the message Moggy, I know how hard it is, I had my mare for 22 years and she is going to be a hard act to follow!!

They have such an impact on your life don't they, I totally understand how you feel, it is just awful, she will be a very hard act to follow without a doubt. Good luck in your search :)

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Moggy, I know nothing about conformation whatsoever - I just know if I like what I see. I don't normally like heavies, but I really like the look of this one. Go and see! You're not under any commitment to buy. Good luck and let us know how you get on. x

Ah thanks HH, looks like I missed out this time, but the right one will come along and I wont miss it :D Hope you and your girl are doing ok x

attheponies

Visit site
Sorry you missed this one,(I liked her too!) I lost my mare just a week after you and yesterday I saw a lovely cob but phoned this morning and he has sold too. Seems like the market isn't as slow as I thought. I'm sure the right ones will find us though.

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Sorry you missed this one,(I liked her too!) I lost my mare just a week after you and yesterday I saw a lovely cob but phoned this morning and he has sold too. Seems like the market isn't as slow as I thought. I'm sure the right ones will find us though.

So sorry to hear you lost your mare very recently too, it is just awful, they leave a massive hole, she will be a very hard act to follow but I am sure I will find one, and I wish you all the best in finding one too. The market is not that slow it seems