What do you think of this mare?

B_2_B

Visit site
Aww bless her, she's lovely!
I have no idea about money, but if your friend has the time for her and her foal there's no harm in going to see her :)
Patience is a very apt name for her, suits her.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
she looks very sweet underneath her nervous exterior.
If you friend has the experience of not only nervous horses but also rearing a foal then for the right price she may be worth a punt.

Sounds like she will need ALOT of time though

ABC

Visit site
I agree, she is a stunning mare. Friend knows what she's doing so that won't be a problem. She just isn't sure on price, and I'm clueless :D

be positive

Visit site
I would not want to pay anything, it is in foal:eek: Its value must only be meat money plus there are future expenses of a foal which may be by any unknown stallion.

ABC

Visit site
I've received a reply from the owner, they want £1200 for her...

What do you think ?

ETA; I know what I think, I just want to see other peoples thoughts too :D

ABC

Visit site
Is it very well bred then? In foal to something super special? Or the owner is not in the real world?

Haha, I know. I thought £400 max, as she is a lovely mare but needs a lot of work on her. Not told my friend the price yet, I think she'll be disappointed

Hedwards

Visit site
Honestly think £1200 is massively overpriced, the current market is terrible and if the i think your friend would have one hell of a lot of work ahead of her without the added complication of the fact she is in foal. agree with others, meat money as a maximum. All that said she does have a very pretty head!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
She is not sec d pure - is a cross with cob. sec d's dont have that much feather. i know, I have one. offer less. much less.

B_2_B

Visit site
If she really wants her, I'd offer £500 and tell him it's probably the best offer he's gonna get!
He might say no originally but keep an eye and if she doesn't go then message again asking if he still has her and would he reconsider the offer?

Brandy

Visit site
That is waaay too much.

You really don;t know what you are getting or how well she will come round. I wouldn;t want to be paying anything to be honest, but if I was interested woul dmake a token payment of a couple of hundred.

Also, hard to tell from the pics but she is not a great example of a section D (although she is pretty), you can get a half decent broken and riding welsh for this price!

Bernster

Visit site
Wow, with the amount of time, money and risk she'd be taking on, I thought she'd be free. Or nominal money ie few hundred pounds.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
I was going to suggest a couple of hundred pounds. If i was buying her i would only want to pay £300 max.

£1200 is totally unrealstic - you can buy a backed sec d for that price at the moment so an infoal unhandled mare would be way less.

Suziq77

Visit site
People are literally giving away lovely horses for nothing in today's market. I agree with the suggestion of a purely nominal sum. If the owners of this mare won't accept that then there will be plenty of other horses available for peanuts for your friend, possibly not ones which are both in foal (to an unknown?) and scared of people. Sad but true. I hope the mare in question ends up ok.

Cobiau Cymreig Wyllt

Visit site
Agree with majority of people here on price - I have a friend who has a fantastically well-bred Welsh D broodmare, in foal to an equally well-bred stallion..both full siblings and stallion can be seen...she is also a mare that needs careful and experienced handling...and is 17..and so my friend knows that in today's market she probably won't fetch more than £300.
So their price is totally unrealistic...

Ladydragon

Visit site
I've received a reply from the owner, they want £1200 for her...

What do you think ?

ETA; I know what I think, I just want to see other peoples thoughts too :D

I think they're having a laugh personally...

She's a project and will need more than average vet care with the impending baby coming...

Poor gal, she's a pretty one too...

OFG

Visit site
In todays market and with all the work / care she will need would offer no more than £350 - £400.

Owners in la la land wanting £1200 :eek:

Is there a particular reason why she wants this one? I would have thought she could find a really nice cheap project horse which potentially doesn't need as much work etc.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I'd tell them that you'd pay £1200 for her when she has been fattened up and had six months of TLC and schooling, otherwise she is worth £500 in this market...

ABC

Visit site
In todays market and with all the work / care she will need would offer no more than £350 - £400.

Owners in la la land wanting £1200 :eek:

Is there a particular reason why she wants this one? I would have thought she could find a really nice cheap project horse which potentially doesn't need as much work etc.

Friend thought this mare would be a cheap project with potential...she is a project horse with potential...but she's not cheap :D

Back to scouring the internet :D