What do you think of this? Not a coloured :smirk:

severnmiles

Visit site
Seeing as the forum is in a critical (thats a good thing) mood today, what do you all think of this one? He's only a 3y.o.

wil2.jpg

S_N

Visit site
I like him - nice rangey frame - my type of horse - though there is someting about his hind leg, that I can't put my finger on, that I don't quite like.

severnmiles

Visit site
I think he looks thick through the gullet/jaw area (its not the bush!) and it looks like there is an old injury to his cannon on the near hind (maybe thats it SN). And he needs to strengthen up, other than that I really like him.

What would you pay?

Blizzard

Visit site
Its hard to see because of the background but his neck looks a little thin in cmpairon with his head, but that could just be the bush !

He is only 3 though and looks like a very nice horse!
grin.gif

Claireg9

Visit site
erm i dont like him but he is only 3 so has time to grow, his neck is too long and thin, his head looks massive and bum to little, he has long gangly legs, and looks a little wither high, but of course this could all be because of bad angle on photo or back ground.
But he's nature if you can tell from the pic looks sweet, he looks relaxed and calm for a 3yo!

KatB

Visit site
Doesnt look like he matches! Front end alot bigger than hind end, and looks almost sickle hocked?? Niceish horse overall, but I wouldnt buy it because of long pasterns and weak hocks.

Kelly1982

Visit site
I know he is only 3yo but he look really out of proportion and to be honest i dont think his back end will catch up with his front as much as it needs to. I'm not very good at confirmation though
crazy.gif

Also he looks thoroughly depressed or is that just me that thinks that??

I feel bad for being nasty though
frown.gif

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Bad picture, nicish frame, not too keen on his limbs at all. Tightarse that I am, I'd go about £800 ish for him and turn him away for a year to mature properly and be very thankful if I only trebled that value even after a lot of work.
Don't tell me someone's paid £5000 for him!
blush.gif

BBs

Visit site
Not keen personally.

Like someone else said, nothing seems to match - poorl love
frown.gif

I like rangy horses but he is just odd and too long in the pastern too.

vic07

Visit site
Probably give it a year and it will look totally different. I've just found pics of one as mine as a 3 yo. Not comparable to what he is now!

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
erm i dont like him but he is only 3 so has time to grow, his neck is too long and thin, his head looks massive and bum to little, he has long gangly legs, and looks a little wither high, but of course this could all be because of bad angle on photo or back ground.
But he's nature if you can tell from the pic looks sweet, he looks relaxed and calm for a 3yo!

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats a little bum then gees, you must like them bigger than J-Lo's! lol.

Tempi

Visit site
his head looks too big for his body (might be the bush!!!!
smile.gif
), his pasterns are way too long, dont like his feet - reckon you will have problems with them.....i wouldnt pay over £2000 for him.

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
The main thing for me is the shoulder, however much he fills out there is never going to be enough there to offset the long neck. I can live with the front legs, but too much of a slope on the hinds to be much of a jumper.
TBH, if it wasnt for the background, I would swear the image had been distorted.
Sorry, but he wouldnt be one for me.

the watcher

Visit site
massive head and the rest looks weak. I wouldn't be at all interested unless he had a fabulous willing personality to make up for it (now you are going to tell us this is some fabulously bred expensive thing?)

smilincow21

Visit site
I personally think he is a nice type for a three year old. Obviously he has little muscle, which is normal for a three year old with little schooling. At least I think he hasn't had much schooling looking at the pic! With more work, espaecially flatwork, he should develop into a nice type, a nice allrounder. I can see he is a little long in the pasterns but tbh I can't see too much of a problem with his hocks!

Tia

Visit site
Looks like an ungainly 3 year old to me. The over-riding thing that struck me is how unhappy this horse looks.....his eyes look sad.

Horse looks like a cut-and-shut but who knows with some luck it will grow into itself.

Kelly1982

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The over-riding thing that struck me is how unhappy this horse looks.....his eyes look sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what i put in my post as that the first thing i noticed too
frown.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
No, not expensive, don't know the horse personally, just randomly picked the first horse for sale with a pic on the site that I was browsing (well there was one other but that was Vici's). Was just in the mood for criticising conformation...yes I know this ankle thing must be affecting me
smirk.gif