What do you think of this..

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
I finished early at the yard today so went home and made nice dinner and wine with family and sat down to watch a film...when I look at my phone at end of film Id received a text at 7pm from the previous owner of daughters pony to say she had dropped by to see the pony and its fat (no FAT was in capitals) ..and that was it. Its a year since pony was bought ...and I feel a bit miffed that she felt it was ok to drop by and then comment. (I never commented that pony was fat and unfit when I bought him - and bad mannered and is now improved greatly). Is it usual for previous owners to drop by like this?

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Really! How rude! If she was concerned there are ways she could have approached you. It is however none of her business, she sold said pony. I would ignore her. What was she doing on the yard anyhow? If she wanted to see your pony shouldn't she have asked your permission first?

Voxhorse

Visit site
That is extremely rude & presumptuous! good manners seem to be non existent these days. You could always text back, "Yes, FAT & happy " :)

Whether fat or not, she had no business just turning up.

Tinypony

Visit site
Fat or not - does this person have legitimate access to the yard? If not I'd be texting back "No more trespassing on the yard please, if you want to visit ask. This pony does not belong to you any more".

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Thank you to those who responded - I have stupidly simmered all night. I haven't and wont respond..that will speak volumes to the person as I am usually prompt and polite responding to texts. It is a private yard but ponys field is off the access road/track so she may not have had to drive onto yard itself. Pony is condition score 4 but grass belly - itll go quickly going into autumn Im not worried about pony at all. I love the idea of "fat and happy" but I shall maintain silence. I cant imagine what has prompted the unannounced visit - we don't have friends in common, we dont ride the same countryside - its just very odd. Im glad others think the same..I wasn't sure if I was over reacting. Daughter just read this before going to school and is upset - "well she cant have him back!" was her response. So thank you for wise words everyone.