What do you wear for XC schooling & competitions? *Post pics*

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
Just wondering. And what does your horse wear, e.g boots, tack, ear bonnets etc.?
**Please post pics of you and your horse in your XC attire!** :)

CaleruxShearer

Visit site

Horse wears Premier Equine boots all round and overreach boots in front, jump saddle, stud girth, 5 point breastplate and flash bridle with a vulcanite pelham with a ported mouth piece. I wear my breeches, base layer, navy t shirt, Kanteq body protector, hat and silk boots and spurs and carry a racing whip.

Arniebear

Visit site
http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums...C-8980-4D32-8629-8A909DF57F3C_zps799pmnph.jpg

Navy and silver xc shirt with stars on me, breeches and an airowear outlyne body protector he just wears a navy numnah sometimes with his name on sometimes just a plain navy one, his 5 point martingale and premier equine xc boots all round, neue schule verdibend snaffle with flash noseband and an ideal event saddle (until he gets his posh new jump saddle!) :)

Last edited:

GinaGeo

Visit site
I wear a custom XC base layer in bright yellow with navy stars, a matching hat silk with pompom. Rodney Powell Body protector, beige jods, long boots, gloves, jumping baton, medical armband.

He wears, normal bridle, Jeffries 5-point breastplate with martingale attachment, jumping saddle, stud girth, pad and saddlecloth, premier equine XC boots in front, Premier equine over-reach boots, NEW brushing boots behind. I also stud depending on the ground. If there were lots of midges or heavy rain he'd also a wear a navy blue ear bonnet.

DSC07087_zps9c12ce8a.jpg

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
I haven't tried that as I'm only doing smallish things at minute, I know that people do put grease on when they start doing bigger jumps.

Yep, I'm only doing the smaller jumps at the moment too. Just curious, does anyone else wear air jackets for the XC phase? I wear my great Point Two over my body protector, but so far the body protectors seem to be more popular. For anyone who is thinking of getting an air jacket, go ahead, you really won't regret it!

Arniebear

Visit site
I know loads of people who wear an air jacket over a BP i dont but that purely because the picture i posted was his last event last year where he then decided to break so whilst he has been off for 9 months im saving for an air jacket!! I will be purchasing one before we finally begin our real eventing career (providing of course that he doesnt break again!!)

LadyRascasse

Visit site

I wear a xc shirt with bp over top (airowear outlyne) horse wears jumping bridle and breastplate with boots all round including over reach as he is a din and might stand on himself

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
For competition, I wear a navy long sleeved running top (cooler than heavy cotton), beige breeches, long black Ariat boots, navy Racesafe BP and skull cap (think it's a Champion one) with a navy silk. Horse wears a navy saddlecloth, Ideal AST jumping saddle, cavesson bridle with flash and a NS Verbindend bit, PE air cooled XC boots all round and OR boots.

For schooling I don't worry about what colour top, silk and saddlecloth I'm using, just whatever is to hand and clean; always a long sleeved top though. Always wear my BP though, and horse wears the same tack.

loopiesteff

Visit site
For competition: [Content removed]

I wear a yellow base layer with blue paint splats and reversed colours for hat silk. Airowear BP with shoulder pads, and very recently a point 2 air jacket in royal blue.

Bob has jump saddle, 5 point breastplate, loose ring snaffle with lozenge on a Mexican grackle. Over reach boots and premier equine air vented boots (ultra light ones on front) and coloured tape.

When I'm schooling he wears the same (minus tape) and I just wear a jumper or long sleeved top!

E5F72060-CB75-4E3F-A40A-8A0D87F86520.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Yep, I'm only doing the smaller jumps at the moment too. Just curious, does anyone else wear air jackets for the XC phase? I wear my great Point Two over my body protector, but so far the body protectors seem to be more popular. For anyone who is thinking of getting an air jacket, go ahead, you really won't regret it!

It might be worth pointing out that if you wear an air jacket for competitions a BP is not optional but has to be worn. I'm not getting into the "everybody should" argument - my belief is that people should make their own decisions having weighed up what's right for them.

greyhorse535

Visit site
Horse wears trizone all sports boots on front and trizone brushing boots on back over reach boots, gp saddle, purple numnah and keiffer event bridle.
I wear long sleeved purple and black top long boots white breeches Charles owen skull cap and aerowhere body protector

AandK

Visit site
Horse has PE boots all round, jump saddle (H&S), same bridle used for all work (loose ring lozenge bit and drop noseband), with breast girth (don't use breastplate now) and stud girth. I wear Racesafe BP, ProTector hat and long sleeve top with coloured t-shirt.
For XC schooling, horse wears the same. I wear same BP and hat (black cover), but normal long sleeve top or t-shirt depending on weather.

FirleHT21092013.png

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
It might be worth pointing out that if you wear an air jacket for competitions a BP is not optional but has to be worn. I'm not getting into the "everybody should" argument - my belief is that people should make their own decisions having weighed up what's right for them.

Yes I know. What I meant was although people have to wear BPs for competitions and at most XC schooling places it is also mandatory for them to be worn, riders also have the (choice) to wear an air jacket over their BPs, but most seem to wear just the BP. I'm not saying everybody should wear air jackets along with their BPs or anything like that, I was just curious to see who did - it's their choice of course :)