What do your 14.2hh cob types weigh?

Celtic Fringe

Visit site
My old cob was 560Kg when he was fit, in work and not fat (feel ribs but not see them, neck not cresty). He is probably Welsh D with very good bone and measures at 14.3 but has high withers. A tape put him at ~ 450Kg and the BHS approved riding school that I bought him from wormed according to that. He was full of worms when I bought him, including tapeworm :(
He was weighed on two different weighbridges at two different horspitals and was consistently 560Kg.
He is now retired and has come out of winter rather well so as soon as the herd moves to the summer grazing we will cut his hard feed right down.

Boots*McGruber

Visit site
Excuse for a photo (he'll be about 100kg lighter after all that hair comes off). About 14.3 high and the same width I think. He's not fat at all and is retired so we can't do down the route of saying the weight comes from muscle - must be that bone! Interestingly the tape was not far off the weighbridge. (M waves hello at his fans ;))

What's more worrying is my Appy who is around 15.1 was 580kg on the tape and 620kg on the weighbridge. That was when she was in full work and didn't look fat at all - she's been out of work for 5 months now and is on weight watchers. She has nowhere near the bone of this boy but is probably weighing nearly the same. I think she must have rocks in her stomach!!
View attachment 30774
I love him!

On the Hoof

Visit site
My NF x (almost certainly some welsh in there) full up 14.1 was 560 when I got her, she is currently 465 but this well go up in summer to about 480 even with restricted grazing.

ponies4ever

Visit site
my 14.3/15hh cob was last on the weigh bridge at 540kg and nutritionist said she was about right? she's slimmer now and I think looks a lot better fullsizeoutput_1048-2.jpg

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Tammy, 16.1hh IDx cob at 695kg, not long after I got her. She's since been down to 619kg (too lean) and is now around 630kg, which is optimal for her.
image.jpeg

I'm surprised that my fairly lean 15.2 1/2hh sports horse mare, with 8 1/4 " bone weighed in at 500kg, I thought she'd be less than that.

All weighings done on vet's weighbridge.