What does your horse do if you lay down in the field?

dunthing

Visit site
My Shetland used to come over and lie down too, usually with his head on me!
There’s a reason he gets away with being naughty! ?
I haven’t tried with the others!
My over sized Highland would lay down with me and put his half ton head on my lap. Then he would snore and neigh in his sleep. ?

asmp

Visit site
I think the spotty one would walk on and over me. He once managed to trot over my foot so I wouldn’t trust him an inch. If I put a rug down for 5 seconds while I’m changing them in the field he just has to walk over it.

Peglo

Visit site
My old haffie would walk into me (pretending it would be gently after reading cute posts above) or stand on me whilst neighing profusely until I got up and gave her scratchies

holeymoley

Visit site
Not done it for a while as not sure I’d trust his field mates but mine came over to me, sniffed me then pawed me with a nice shod hoof! Then probed about my hair with his lips.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I think I would be too worried about getting trampled to try it! I've sat down with them if they're all laying down already, which is nice, but if they are on their feet I'd rather be on mine too! It must be nice to trust your horses. ?

Visit site
I think I would be too worried about getting trampled to try it! I've sat down with them if they're all laying down already, which is nice, but if they are on their feet I'd rather be on mine too! It must be nice to trust your horses. ?

I would trust him (almost) with my life ?? even when he gets up from his roll and does this ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211124-165350_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211124-165350_Gallery.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 25

Equi

Visit site
The two minis I bred come straight over and snuffle me and bite my shoes, without fail. The other three totally ignore me.

I would be confident in saying the big bear would come over to snuffle at me but can’t test the theory as his fieldmate is likely to come over and smash my head in with a curious hoof or wandering teeth ?

J&S

Visit site
I have done this as when the sun is out it is really sheltered behind the big thick hedge along the side of the field. The coloured veteran just glances at me and carries on eating or sleeping, the companion pony , who is a more wary person, treats me like an alien from space. She goes all tall and tense (her 13hh stretches to atleast 25hh!) and then tiptoes closer, like playing Grandmother's footsteps, until she actually realises that it is me when she relaxes and hangs around with me for a bit.

Mrs G

Visit site
This is a pic of my boy and my late husband. They were such good pals and had complete trust in each other. I was always a bit jealous of their relationship - I was the one who made him work and gave him diet portions, whereas his Dad gave him as many carrots as he wanted and got total adoration in exchange! 260234983_645782376437162_6057123656186386664_n.jpg

Last edited:

Sprogladite01

Visit site
My connie will paw at me (particularly delightful when shod) and if that doesn't provoke a response will proceed to sit on me

My welsh sec a will come and blow hot breath in my face then graze around me while giving me the side eye lol :D

Birker2020

Visit site
Bailey would always come and sniff me within a couple of minutes. She was concerned that her mint source had died most likely although she was so gentle with her muzzle!