What dressage saddle do you have and why?

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
I'm in the slow process of buying my first dressage saddle :D I am currently looking at either a wow saddle or saddle company one. At the moment he is ridden in a saddle company gp as his old gfs saddle made him lame and gave him problems in his back/hocks so needed something that was soft, adjustable and looked half decent. I can't decide whether to get a saddle company one again as these suit my boy and his back is amazing at the moment but I'd have to pay extra for permanent knee blocks or I like the look of wow saddles but never really had anything to do with them.

What other adjustable ones are there on the Market? Thanks :) budget £1000 :( :( ....carries on looking at amerigo saddles....

rowy

Visit site
I have a Morris and Nolan for dancer which I looove! Bought it second hand. Just wish the knee blocks were a tad smaller.

Rowan has a Harry dabbs which is made to measure. Fits him perfect!

Inka has a wintec. Hopefully towards the end of the year I will swap it for an ideal Jessica.

KatB

Visit site
Saddle co are nice for the horse, rubbish for the rider. Wows are very much like marmite, and for me have too much to go wrong with them...but if you have a great fitter, they can be great...

dianchi

Visit site
Go by what is best for your horse, i tried a WOW at your horse live on the sim and loved it, on board my horse, both she and I hated it!

Ive got a strada Saddle, personally i prefer close contact and as im doing lower levels i dont need massive blocks round my legs. Plus their design about tree shapes and the heat moulding gel just suited my horse better than any of the 20 odd ones i tried!

Sol

Visit site
I have a Fhoenix Vogue, and love it. I bought it because I was sick of saddles not fitting & not being adjustable enough, and I like how much freedom it gives Dan. And it's super comfy :D I like the fact that it's got moveable knee blocks too. I got mine secondhand for a decent price, but they hold their value quite well tbh. I'll be getting a GP FlexEE next for jumping, but wouldn't hesitate to get a dressage FlexEE if I needed a smaller saddle for Pea eventually after having seen them/sat in one as for synthetics especially, they're lovely.

Jo_x

Visit site
I had an albion SLK on my old horse and that was great. I preferred riding in the K2 which had flatter knee rolls, but I could tell he hated it as his movement was vastly better in the SLK, so we went with that!

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
Thanks guys :) Im just not sure how to go about it yet. There are 3 saddle fitters that will come out to you in warks and two I wouldn't let near my horse! My saddle co fitter is god and really is amazing which is why I'm tempted to go for a saddle co again. I'd buy a top of the range model though rather than the synthetic flaps etc :) the majority of the saddles you lot have are worth twice as much as the horse they'll be going on :D lol!

DifficultMare

Visit site
I have a Nick Dolman, very similar to Semiflex, with serge owen panels. It is adjustable and allows for my mare's huge shoulders. She seems to be very comfortable in it - and has been for 18 months now and it's very comfortable to ride in. I got mine second hand but it did cost your full budget!

digitalangel

Visit site
Ive got an Albion Selecta ( for sale ) an Albion SLK which i adore and as of yesterday a Black Country Eloquence which is a bit wider in the twist than im used to but the horse goes amazing in it!

superpony

Visit site
I have a Bates, v useful as I can change the gullet to fit both of my horses. :) It is also very comfortable and fits me well (I have long legs).

tiggybeans

Visit site
I've just bought an Albion K2, the basic Albion dressage saddle.

I had one for my old horse and liked it but tried various saddles for my new boy although nothing felt as comfortable as the K2. The K2 has been updated since my original one was made, so the new one feels even better. I had the tree made to the template of his back, so it fits him really well.

It puts me in a nice position, without feeling as if I'm held there by big knee rolls. It's personal preference - and what you're used to I guess :)

POLLDARK

Visit site
I have a Bates Isabell Werth which is adjustable. You can have large or small knee blocks nthat you can place where it fits you best or don't use knee blocks at all. I find it very comfortable, easy to ride in & as my young horse changed I could change the saddle.

Llanali

Visit site
I have a WoW with extra deep seat, leather tree and giant high knee blocks. Just the most amazing thing on my horse, and bought six months old for your budget ;)
A good fitter is a must though- rubbish wow fitters are ten a plenty and can do much to put people off.

PucciNPoni

Visit site
I have a reactor panel saddle - it's not for everyone but traditional saddles weren't cutting it for my boy. This has made him much more comfortable and he works much happier in it. And I LOOOOVEEE the deep gel seat!

Spanish Eyes

Visit site
I have a flexEE dressage saddle which fits all three of my horses - a TB and two PREs - and absolute love it. My horses move beautifully in it, especially with their lateral work, and the price was well within budget.

FabioandFreddy

Visit site
I've got the Bates Isabell Worth - i'd had a Bates GP that Fabio got on really well with so went with the Isabell. Really like it!

nikkimariet

Visit site
I've got an Equipe Emporio. I love it because it comes up really small seat wise but is cut long enough for my thigh/leg. I've got back problems and the deep seat + narrow twist which helps to support me :)

Goldenstar

Visit site
Two Albion platinum royales lovely saddles secure comfy never move .
Serveral ideal Jessica's on flair cheap cheerful easy to fit great to start off with and for horses who changing shape .
Once they are settled ( and staying!) I buy them something nice.