What fluid do you use to clean your stable/mats?

Lisamd

Visit site
It's getting to that time of year again, ther horses have been in for a while and I'm thinking about trying to find a product to freshen and clean up their stables.

Needs to be safe for the horses and not degrade the mats, as well as be fresh smelling and easy to use, oh and cost effective.

Let me know what you use and what works best?

Thanks

Spyda

Visit site
Green Gloop. Manufactured by FieldGuard, it's specifically designed for use on rubber mats and does not damage them, plus it smells fabulous, is very economical and neutralises stable smells and ammonia. Robinsons (online) also stock it and they work out cheaper shipping-wise (when they have it in stock :rolleyes:)

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Zoflora ! I put the bed up and scrub with it every sunday. made the mistake of getting the Christmas one this time - hmmm, usually stick with lavender. Then leave the whole stable to dry out for the day.

I loathe the smell of jeyes. x

ru-fi-do

Visit site
Green Gloop. Manufactured by FieldGuard, it's specifically designed for use on rubber mats and does not damage them, plus it smells fabulous, is very economical and neutralises stable smells and ammonia. Robinsons (online) also stock it and they work out cheaper shipping-wise (when they have it in stock :rolleyes:)

I use this, it's brilliant, smells nice, lifts dirt and doesn't weaken rubber mats :)

Madcow

Visit site
The thing to be aware of with conventional disinfectants is that in order for them to be really effective you really need to pre-clean as they are designed to be used in areas that don't provide the same sort of microbiological challenge as a stable.Jeyes Fluid and Virkon work in "dirty" areas at the recommended dilution.If you use a benzalkonium chloride product it is best to either wash down first then disinfect, or use a stronger dilution.Also be aware that Zoflora contains ethanol ( or it used to) which could damage mats if not correctly diluted.

Angus' yard

Visit site
Green gloop. A bottle seems expensive, but goes a very long way when diluted n a spray bottle. It smells lovely, neutralises the smell of ammonia and doesn't damage your lovely expensive rubber mats, unlike other disinfectants! I'd be worried about horses on my yard inhaling ammonia or strong disinfectants, especially during this damp weather, so consider this stuff a necessity