What fly rugs are you all using/recommend?

Bobthecob15

Visit site
hi no. he doesn't. they are actually quite cool. he isn't generally out when it gets very hot but he is very happy in it. i think it is cooler than the rambo bug rug which i also have
Oh that’s good to know, I usually have a waterproof fly rug for wet days then have a mesh one for hot days…perhaps the Aussie will do the job for both then and save me a rug 😂

claret09

Visit site
jay while 17.2 is quite compact. he isn't a long gangly horse. so perhaps if you have a bigger framed horse they might be small, but i haven't found it an issue

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
I had a gallop with belly flap as a spare.
I had an equilibrium, really good coverage. Worked well in hot hot weather.
And a sw itch hoody style, BB really liked it. Great to keep horseflies out
No use for any of those as they will not fit Orbi 😂
6’6 if anyone is looking for any 😂

spotty_pony2

Visit site
I do like my equilibrium one but it needs a few sewing repairs doing on it before I use it this summer. I might bite the bullet and get a swish one though for when one is in the wash 😉

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Quick update on the Amigo Aussie Allrounder stock issues. There are some places online which have them but if you need a 6ft there are none available. I have 2 on order but Horseware have absolutely no idea when they are coming back into stock which I find bizarre. I would have thought a company that large would have some idea of their production schedule.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I like my Weatherbeeta Rip shield one. The fabric is strong but thin so it a good balance between being tough and not too hot. I got mine in a sale though as they're not the cheapest.

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
Quick update on the Amigo Aussie Allrounder stock issues. There are some places online which have them but if you need a 6ft there are none available. I have 2 on order but Horseware have absolutely no idea when they are coming back into stock which I find bizarre. I would have thought a company that large would have some idea of their production schedule.
Glad to hear they are still doing them!!

HorsesandParrots

Visit site
Aussie all-rounder for sure.

They fit well, save my black mare being bleached and detachable neck (which is off most of the time as she is part spanish with a long mane). I find my horses are nice and cool in them too and stops my coloured being sunburnt and my sensitive chestnut from the flies!
They last a lot longer than the mesh ones I've found too.

HorsesandParrots

Visit site
Has anyone tried one of these as an alternative to an Aussie rug?

No but if they have discounted the Aussie then this would be my next go to!

Kaylum

Visit site
Fieldmasta Combo Fly Rugs are good as well. I have a new one never been on a horse for sale if anyone needs one. 5ft.
All money goes to charity.