What gets your goat?

Vey

Visit site
People who hurt these large and usually peacable animals as a first resort, and for no reason the animal can understand - eg. punishing long long after something has happened - or when it is already scared, and without attempting to resolve riding issues without the use of force.

People who attempt to get 'working through and on the bit' by pulling hard at the front and booting hard at the back and long before the poor thing has established any impulsion at all.

But actually the old definition of a palamino is a chestnut with a blong mane and tial, so my Haffie and yours too are technically pallys!

Mellymoo1

Visit site
Loads of things are getting my goat at the moment!!

1. People who critisise everything I do with my horse, Eg, got the snidey comment the other day of " You haven't covered him up enough" when my boy had a fly mask and fly rug on. Grr - I know what I'm doing!!

2. Cant bear any form of animal cruelty, have recently seen one horse belted with a metal shavings fork just because she was in the way.

3. People who make out that their horse is difficult when its them winding the animal up. Doesn't make people think you are a good rider!!!

Sooty

Visit site
The last two paragraphs of your post describe someone I know to a T!
shocked.gif

threeponies

Visit site
People who ask you to help them with what to feed their horse etc, then ask someone else the same thing,then tell you you're wrong because the other person said somrthing else! ( did you all follow that?) Also people who come up with medical reasons why horse barges,kicks etc, when really its a bad mannered muppet.

Greyhound

Visit site
People with no drive and ambition to do better, why settle for second best.
People who just sit there and dont ride the horse, then make snide comments to you about your riding - erm thanks this time next year I will whop your ass Ill make sure of it!
Whingers and fanny aboutters they get in my way.
People who take their frustration out on the horse.

Gh

lordflynn

Visit site
Horses that are overfed, dont get enough turnout and yet 'need' a calmer.

supplements in general

people assuming there is plenty of money for equine research

companies producing alternative/homeopathic remedies and just lying in their sales blurb.

bulls***ting 'back' people

misuse/overuse of draw reins-sorry, just dont like them-my opinion!

people thinking it is their horse that becomes resistant to antibiotics

people calling my horse an andalucian-nothing against andalucians but he's a lusitano
tongue.gif

Beanyowner

Visit site
1) People who buy youngsters because they can ride their push button pony and assume they are the next best rider then wonder why it all goes horribly wrong!!!

2) People who think their way is the only way.

3) People who ask for endless amounts of advice and then takes none of it at all and continues to f**k up horse mentioned above!

4) Drivers that pass you too fast!

5) People who ride their horses and smoke at the same time...sorry its a bit of a bug bear of mine!

Ummm...can't think of anymore at the mo!
blush.gif
crazy.gif
grin.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
People jumping in draw reins
People hogging the practice fence
Health and Safety bureaucracy
People not having developed an independent seat due to the above.
Prices being expensive because its horses
Paying membership separately to BD, BE and BSJA not just one that covers the lot.
Kids ponies in dutch gags
Trophy hunters jumping in 2'6 classes on wizzy ponies and never doing anything else.
Lack of commonsense
People with inflated ideas of horses values
Rubbish instructors

I could go on and on!
grin.gif

SSM

Visit site
Anyone who does'nt love my girl
grin.gif

Cars and motorcycles not slowing down!

Verbal abuse in the showring

People making their horses fit around their lives not vs (ie turning out when they can be bothered to go up)

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Kids and kids ponies.... I think there should be seperate livery yards for adults and kids under 16. Nothing worse than a bunch of loud bitchy girls running around falling out and yelling at each other. Urghh....

Fortunately I'm now on a private yard where no one under 16 is allowed
smile.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
'LIFE HEIGHT CERTIFICATES'
How many times do you see horses that are 15h and higher competing as a 14h2". This is blatant cheating & vets who supply these certificates need penalising. The times I've overheard people looking at a 15h horse & saying "I could get that down to a 14h2". Additionally, assuming the vets signing the certificates are not corrupt & accepting kick backs, consider prosecution of the owners who have starved & deprived the horse of food & drink to make them 'Shrink'.
Ban certificates & have questionable animals put under the stick before competing, then it would be much fairer. Unfortunately cheats do prosper in the horse world!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

miss_bird

Visit site
1. people who critise and then think i know nothing about horses as i am always doing home study courses to improve my knowledge.

2. drivers who beep horns to let you know they ae there and want to pass, yes i know you are there, but as my horse is dancing on two legs i am more interested in calming her down.

3. Quiet ponies and horses tied down with every gadget possible so it looks hard to control.

4. The backstabbing on livery yards, i dont want to know or get involved dont tell me.

5. the people who feel the need to come and tell you how they would do whatever you are doing better.

ihatework

Visit site
Lots of things annoy me!!
People who will happily leave their horses in the stable until gone 9am with no brekkie or hay just because they fancy a lie-in
People who are too wussy to handle their horses correctly and install some manners
Complete bunny-huggers
People who think their way is the only way
People who constantly change their feed routine and jump on the feeding bandwagon
People who don’t feed enough fibre
People who automatically blame the horse if things go wrong
Pothunters

And my main gripe …
Spoiled little brats who don’t know they were born … there are a couple on here and I’ll leave you guys to decide who they are!

sojeph

Visit site
Small mindedness
mad.gif

People who decide they don't like a particular breed, type, colour or whatever..
ie: I'd never have a chestnut mare or I hate all shetlands/cobs/tb's etc

..and snobbery
crazy.gif

jacks_mum

Visit site
This'll make you laugh then Sojeph - I always used to say I didn't like Bays, wouldn't go to look at a bay when I was horse hunting or consider looking at one. When I saw the advert for my Jack it didn't mention his colour and I didn't think to ask when I arranged to see him. I fell head over heels in love with him on sight.

you've guessed it..........he's a bay!!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Kids who are so nasty and disrespectful to their parents who have obviously bought them all the ponies they want!

Adult riders at BSJA who think they own the place. They hog the pratice fences, yell abuse at you if "YOU" get in "THEIR" way, only go into the ring when THEY are good and ready (meaning they hold up the class, but because they have paid so much in entry fees with all their horses, the judges dont say anything......).

Those 'helpers' who run about round the pratice fences (usually for the people above) racking them up as soon as their rider has been, completely ignoring the fact that another 10 of us would like to jump the fence today!

Kids riding in spurs and horrid bits when its obvious the pony needs neither.

People who seem to leave their horses standing about at the lorry / trailer all day with no hay and barely any water.

People who throw on a stable rug or cooler rug when its pissing with rain! What IS that all about?! The rugs arent waterproof so the poor horse will be even more uncomfortable!!

The BSJA who are a joke when it comes to updating horse records. Mine was last updated in MAY!!!!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Especially when BE wise, I did an event on Sunday and by THAT same night, the results where up! Oh and the fact BSJA are so stingey like they make you pay to view other horses records, when BE don't.

JessPickle

Visit site
Mums of kids that know nothing about horses advising them what to do (prime example was a horse being brought back from injury was supposed to be just trotting but her mummy told her as he was going nicely why not canter poor horse)

people who put up jumps then take them down but leave the stuff all round the school making it impossible to circle etc

pelhams in the hands of 7/8 year olds

sawing at the mouth to get an "outline"

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

5) People who ride their horses and smoke at the same time...sorry its a bit of a bug bear of mine!

blush.gif
crazy.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops thats me then
crazy.gif

Hate untidy scruffy yards, riders and horses!

Ppl who buy mares that cant do the job they were bought for and then just stick them in foal!!! WTF!

Ppl with all the gear and NO IDEA

Beanyowner

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

blush.gif
crazy.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops thats me then
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry hun...didn't mean you...meant the chavvy little inbreds around Bristol who insist on ridng in trainers, addidas jogging bottoms, smoking and sticking the V's up at any car that drives past them!!! Oh...they usually insist on riding two a breast down a busy A road and wonder why people get assy around rush hour!!!!
mad.gif

spaniel

Visit site
Ok, here goes...

People who are loud around horses, I mean is it really necessary to spend your entire time screeching and squeeling in your horses face....for gods sake they have exceptional hearing, just talk to them, they can still hear you.

People who brag constantly about how good they or their horse performs/competes....well Im really pleased you are doing well, good for you but it does put me off being genuinely happy and supportive if you keep ramming it down my throat.

People who look down on the 'happy hackers' or 'old lady things' riders, hey, we dont all want to be bloody Whittaker or a Smith you know.

As you can possibly start to see....my problem is not with horses, its with people.
blush.gif

RobinHood

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Kids and kids ponies.... I think there should be seperate livery yards for adults and kids under 16.

[/ QUOTE ]

These places do exist, I keep my horse on a children's yard, adults are only allowed if they have children that ride. Mind you there's no way the YO would throw you out when you reach 16, most people leave to go to uni and don't come back.

My list
- horses with limited turnout because they are 'valuable'. if the horse went out more often then it wouldn;t charge about as much and it would be less likely to injure itself.
- people that drive badly and then wonder why their horse won't load or travels badly.
- unswept yards
- people who don't teach their ohrses manners and let them barge about all over the place, and then moan when they can't control them
- people who keep their horse in because "he bad to catch" and then suprise suprise they can't get anywhere near their horse the next time they try to catch it.

JaneMBE

Visit site
Apart from agreeing with everything (almost already):
People who overfeed and do nothing with their horse but never ride, and then expect it to be perfectly proportioned.

People who ask for advice about food/injuries/riding etc then go ask another friend for advice, then do their own thing and wonder why the situation isn't improving.

People who slag riding schools for various reason because 'it's what they have heard'.

Do-gooders who think they know best for the poor horsey with a grazing muzzle/rug/boots on and remove them for you.

People who say they can ride, book a session and turn up wearing flip-flops, tight jeans, hair in the highest pony tail ever, and a hundred bangles which scare the horse. Oh yes, and who only ever sat on a horse once for a photo....... (and that was just the boyfriend!)

Farriers! Those who say they will be there at sometime oclock, then arrive ten hours later expecting the horses to be standing perfectly still and not at all agitated by the fact they have been ready since last year........

Horse riders that find it funny to gallop up behind you and scare your horse, then gallop off leaving you with a frothing at the mouth hyper-beast.

Mini motor bikes! And the tw*ts that ride them past the horses.

People who find it funny when their loose doggy snaps and snarls at horses feet or chases them around the field. Hilarious, specially when one horse dies as a result mate.

Stupid nincompoops who think it's okay to jump the fence and pat the horsey, or worse still, put a rope round its neck and ride it.....
Snobby up their own backsides witches who abhor horses and have to moan when a horse poops on the road....

..or downright ordinary folk who shout and hurl abuse because of the same thing.....

so many many things.........

JessPickle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

People who slag riding schools for various reason because 'it's what they have heard'.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definetly second that one, everyone learnt at a riding school (most likely) yet later in life there too good for them

puddicat

puddicat.blogspot.com
Our pony has been known to take one and three quarter hours to load...

Ah yes but I bet:
1) it wasn't bound gagged and blindfolded at the time
2) you weren't using any of the following training aids for loading:
chiffney
stiff bristle yard brush
pressure washer
cattle prod
1 metre length of plastic water piping

mickey

Visit site
1/ People who never turn their horses out (cruel don't you think?)
2/ People who use aggression/shouting when the horse does not behave how they would like
3/Spoilt people who have it all but have never had to do the work
4/People laming their horses by inadequate fittening followed by the wrong ground/intensity of work

Honeypots

Visit site
Aggression/temper tantrums/disrespect towards people and their animals
Fashion victims-buy it if you like it but not just because everyone else has it!
Jealousy - its really distructive

TinselRider

www.gatesequestrian.webs.com
1/ people who buy a horse,ride it for 2 weeks then leave it in a field only to drag it out once in a blue moon and expect it to go galloping on a 2 hour hack!

2/ people that have no patience for their horses

3/people that go up the yard mid winter at 10 o clock (or later) because they"fancied a lie in"

4/ bratty kids riding around in every gizmo and gadget imaginable looking down their noses at you because you are actually taking the time to have lessons to better your riding instead of competing every week

5/people who don't clean their tack, how would they like it if a crusty green bit and filthy saddle were put on them...it takes 15 mins max to clean !

6/ DIRTY STABLES