what hat do you have?

cob&onion

Visit site
What hat do you have and what do you do in it? (Sj dressage hacking etc....)
I have a skull cap for everyday riding and jumping.
I use a smart navy caldene velveg hat witj a leather harness for showing and dressage.
My everyday hat needs replacing and am quite liking the vented style ones but unsure?!
Although I may need to get another skull as I know they are very safe for xc (no peak) not that we jump high!!
Need some inspiration!
So what hat have you got, feel free to add pics :D

Penks

Visit site
Champion Ventair Skull cap, I haven't had it very long though and am looking into other vented hats as I don't find it that much cooler than my old normal skull.

NaeNae87

Visit site
I ride in a Dublin Arista helmet.
I use it for Dressage and Eventing (yes I know it has a peak, however the peak is very soft and it is designed to break should I ever be in the position to need it to). it is ventillated, so I don't get too hot and sweaty during summer and I find it really comfortable to ride in.

I have fallen of a few times while wearing it and have always felt safe. Whenever my head has hit the ground, my helmet has been replaced.

PiebaldRosie

Visit site
Caldene Ultra and it is literally the best had I've ever had. It's the most vented hat I've ever seen and I mainly hack and school in it (not had it very long so haven't had the chance to do any competitions!) It is so comfortable inside and the lining is washable so no smelly lining! Also the peak is detachable if you did want to wear a silk over it.

The best part though is that I never ever get 'hat hair' in it. Ever! I didn't believe it when the lady in the shop said this but honestly it is true. No more moist head/scarecrow look after I ride, and it's not even like I have the thinnest hair! Hair-bear-bunch style curly hair going on here ;) All in all though I would highly, highly recommend this hat. I bought it for working in a warm part of the US this summer riding every day and it has not let me down one bit. Great hat!

blood_magik

Visit site
a Kep, a GPA titanium (horribly uncomfortable) and a champion ventair.
Love my Kep - lightweight and comfy and I can take the liner out to wash it.

Kat

Visit site
Gatehouse hickstead for dressage and showing.

Gatehouse air rider for schooling and hacking in warm weather.

Champion junior jockey skull for everyday and hunting and should I ever make it to a xc course!

I'm difficult to fit hat wise so am pretty limited in my choice of hats. I will get a HS1 next though they fit so well.

Copperpot

Visit site
Champion jockey skull, Charles Owen Fiona for hunting, I have a black and a navy Harry hall at the back of the shed somewhere and I just got a Gatehouse Conquest for my birthday. This is now my favourite one!

Elvis

Visit site
Charles Owen 4* for everything, I have it in black so it's smart enough for dressage but also suitable for xc.

Wheels

Visit site
I must have a really strange shaped head, I wanted a snel standard hat but can't find one to fit. Oddly the gatehouse conquest fits me really well but the HS1 is awful on me.

I too am replacing my every day skull cap for a new hat, gonna go for the conquest as I want something with a removable washable liner and will then clean my skull and keep it for the odd XC session

SuperH

Visit site
I have the HS1. Before I had it I had used Charles Owen hats for over 20 years but when I replaced my last hat in the spring none of the CO hats fitted my head. Don't know if my head suddenly changed shape or if they have altered the fit. The HS1 was the only hat in the shop that fitted. I was initially worried about how bulky it is (and not ventilated) but have to say I've worn it all summer and it is very comfortable.

dornrose

Visit site
I have a Charles Owen Fiona hat, and a Charles Owen Ar8 I prefer the Ar8 so tend to wear it more than the Fiona hat.

starryeyed

Visit site
I have an ancient Champion ventair for every day (which really really needs to be replaced - unfortunately they have changed the shapes since my original and they no longer fit so will have to find an alternative, though I do love it). I have an HS1 for XC etc but it's still fairly new and incredibly tight to wear so not ultra comfy at the mo!
Will do some serious hat shopping at your horse live!

monkeybum13

Visit site
Gatehouse air rider for everyday riding and endurance.
Skull hat for XC.
Velvet hat with leather harness for hunting and competing.

Looking at getting a new vented hat for SJ and DR competitions.

cob&onion

Visit site
There's a nice harry hall ledgend plus hat that I have spotted, its lovely, vented and too ott, would look lovely for dressage comps!!

Does anyone have a ledgend plus?

Doug

Visit site
After a decent fall last week I have just replaced my Champion Deluxe jockey with a Charles Owen 4*.

Nothing wrong with the Champions. I just liked the idea of the safest hat on the market. Tried a few on, and I don't suit riding hats. They all look massive on me :lol:

dibbin

Visit site
Black Harry Hall Legend. It's fairly new so can't really comment on vent effectiveness, but it is very comfortable. Much more comfy than the JTE Classic I had before.

RainbowDash

Visit site
I have worn Champion Jockey hats since 1987 as they are the best fit for me (even after a brief flirtation with Charles Owen).

They are replaced regularly (or immediately in case of head impact in a fall). The one I have now was £40 and replaced the previous one costing the same that saved my head in a nasty impact against the school fence).

x

MileAMinute

Visit site
I used to have a Harry Hall legend, but after realising it was (literally!) falling to pieces I've just bought a Charles Owen young rider's skull. Comfiest thing EVER! Wish I'd gotten one years ago. Doesn't make my head look *too* huge either.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Gatehouse HS1 for hacking and riding away from the yard
Dublin Onxy for schooling

Although to be honest as they are both side by side in my tack room I do wear them interchangeably for all activities, though try to remember to pick up the HS1 for the more risky pursuits.

cob&onion

Visit site
I really like this for schooling and dressage comps.....not heard of the make before though which kinda puts me off safety wise?....
Am on my phone but if you ebay french cso hat you eill see it