what hat do you have?

Llee94

Visit site
I have a HS1 and agree the chin strap needs tightening every time I put it on but is very comfortable. I will be buying a Samshield at Badminton for the dressage and showjumping phases eventing. Super excited to be getting a nice smart hat instead of looking like an outcast in my skull for dressage when at BE.

Aoibhinn

Visit site
Mine is a champion Junior Plus Jockey Skull, and yes, my head is that small :D I find it very comfortable, doesn't kook too flashy but does its job. Had my previous one for 8 years, the only reason I had to get a new one was because the dog chewed the straps off it one day!

Kat

Visit site
Mine is a champion Junior Plus Jockey Skull, and yes, my head is that small :D I find it very comfortable, doesn't kook too flashy but does its job. Had my previous one for 8 years, the only reason I had to get a new one was because the dog chewed the straps off it one day!

You don't need a small head for the Champion Junior Jockey Skull. My head is massive and I have had several of these, for a long time it was the only hat that fitted me really well.

I also have a vented, adjustable gatehouse hat for schooling and hacking and a gatehouse hickstead for posh occasions.

albeg

Visit site
HS1 and also have chin strap problem but it's a known issue which I believe they have now fixed.

Just a thought with the chin strap - my hat has a band on the strap just after the clip, which I believe is there to stop the strap slipping, does the HS1 have anything like this? If not, a plaiting band on the strap might help.

Myloubylou

Visit site
Used to have HS1, swapped now to Charles owen 4 star which is the same std but lighter & vented so comfier to wear.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Champion Ventair for hacking and Gatehouse Conquest for dressage used twice and which I probably won't use again due to horse probably permanently retired from competing after injury and op. By the time I might use it again it won't meet competition safety standards.

I also have a Charles Owen Kids velvet cap for showing.

smirnoff_ice07

Visit site
Charles Owen J3 for hacking and lessons and a Just Togs Velvet one (can't remember what it's called lol) for competing. It's pretty old and probably needs updating soon anyway. My J3 was pretty uncomfortable at first but I really like it now :)

acorn92x

Visit site
Charles Owen J3 and a Fiona. The J3 is amazing - so light and comfortable. I need to replace my Fiona after the hat change rules coming in so will probably invest in a CO Showjumper as I mainly do showjumping and showing so need a hat with a flesh coloured strap (And CO hats fit me very well).

buddylove

Visit site
Gatehouse f1 as not competing as yet. Tried on an AYR8 which will be my next purchase. Like the look of the PROtector but too £££ for me 😢