what have I done

Ginn

Visit site
Oh hunny, huge huge huggles but from reading recent posts I can understand why you have made that decision.

Bossanova

Visit site
Awww huge, massive hugs
frown.gif

Really feel for you, such a tough decision and I know what youre going through. Dont be too hard on yourself, the poor little chap has had so much to deal with in his life and at least with you he had every chance and I'm sure you both have happy memories of times when he was better.

thinking of you xxx

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
***(((Big Squish)))***

I suppose it's for the best and whats best for him might not always be the best for you
frown.gif

Nobody seems to be having a good day today
frown.gif

burtie

Visit site
Big hugs to you, I know how much you have tried with this horse over the last few months. My thoughts are with you. very sorry it has come to this point but I understand.

What you have done is the last kind and responsible act we can do for our beloved animals.

Happy Horse

community.webshots.com
I am so sorry to read the news. The surgery for Wobblers is a massive operation and there are no guarantees. I am sure the surgeons at Walmsleys have talked you through all the options and you have made the best decision for him. I am thinking of you.

mrussell

Visit site
You are doing the right thing hun...wish I had youre strength.

He's had an amazing year with you.... nothing wasted here, you did him proud.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RachelB

Visit site
How brave of you, I haven't followed all your posts about him but I know he's not been right, how sad for you.
He'll rest now knowing you've done your very best for him.
xxx

seabiscuit

Visit site
Thank you everyone XXXX

PF Forrest was diagnosed with Wobblers this week which is nerve damage in the neck causing pain and uncordination, and there is nothing they can do really to treat Wobblers. There is an operation but it only has a 50% chance of success and then it takes one year for the horse to recover from the operation.
On top of all his other problems-he is permantly looking depressed and unhappy, and his intolerance to grass means that he cannot be turned out, he also has his frequent severe bouts of colic that are seemingly now uncontrollable, I have made the decision to have him put down.

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Damnit!!I am so sorry that it's come down to this for both you and him
frown.gif

It's one hell of a brave decision to make,and you really have exhausted every avenue you could in order to make his life better for him.

Take comfort from knowing that everything you've done has been with his best interests at heart.

Bethxxx

LauraBR

Visit site
Oh SB! I have followed his progress for so long now... you have made the right decision for him, what a lucky boy to have you looking out for him.

So sad, huge hugs xxxx

Laura x

Zebedee

Visit site
So sorry to read your sad news.
From everything I've read you've tried everything possible, & you have my admiration for now being brave enough to make this decision.

Lord_Horatio_Nelson

Visit site
Am sorry to hear that you have had to come to this decision and admire your courage for doing this. He has had a year of love and care which he may not have had if you hadn't bought him.

Thoughts are with you and Forrest tonight
xxx

Bri

Visit site
I know exactly how you're feeling and how hard it is to make a decision like this.
Big hugs to you and enjoy all the lovely memories you have of him. xx

S_N

Visit site
Oh sweetie, I'm so, so sorry to hear this, but in all honesty I am not in the least bit suprised! You have made the right decision and no-one can ever say that you did not do your utmost best to sort out all of his problems! He was a lucky horse to have you as his owner and even luckier in that you are allowing this to happen now! Huge, huge huggles hun and I'll always be here should you need me!

Pidge

Visit site
Oh honey, my heart goes out to you and I have tears in my eyes as I know what you are going through. It is so hard to make this decision but you are immensely brave as you are putting your horse first rather than keeping him alive and suffering. Rest assured that you are doing the right thing, sending you lots of love and hugs xxx

Skhosu

Visit site
How awful for you. IT does seem the right thing to do though, his quality of life wasn't going to be great and maybe he just wasn't meant for this life.
Big hugs.