What have you done with your horse today

libertylou

Visit site
not much today....

went up this evening, bought her in (was kicked in the process :rolleyes:), mucked out and fed her. And then spent the next 2 hours packing up all her rugs, bits and pieces and loading them all in the car cos we move yards tomorrow :D:D:D

**Vanner**

Visit site
Bought some new rubber matting, likit and a salt lick from the local tack shop.

Put the boy out to play with his girlfriend whilst I sorted his bedroom with new matting :), groomed him, hacked him, groomed him again (it was muddy on the farm ride today) tucked him up in bed. Left him going from lickit to salt lick back to haynet!

a_e_d

Visit site
Lovely hack out with another livery, despite the rain. Got utterly soaked - not only from the weather, Dixie thinks it's great fun to make big splashes when he goes through puddles :)

After that, lots of cuddles before he tired of me and turned his attention back to food ;)

azouria

Visit site
Red's hurt his leg and is feeling very sorry for himself so just lots of cuddles and kisses today and a nice groom. It was lovely to be able to open his stable window and let some sun in though, it hasn't been so nice in the evening for ages.

Enfys

Visit site
Took him hunting :)

:( Harrumph, VERY jealous. I hope you had a good day.

What have I done?

Well of course when I had to be gone from here by 10, the water to the fields WOULD have frozen, the mares WOULD had scoffed their bale and I didn't have time to put another out so had to throw out loose hay, the trailer lights froze and we had to dry them out with a hairdryer...then I had to find freezer space for 200lbs of beef, sort some for orders for customers we were meeting 40 miles away in a farm while I picked up a new filly.

Oh, and it has been snowing all day so I've had to plow too, come to think of it I haven't actually done much with the horses at all, other than straighten blankets and say "hi, here's grub, gotta go!"

Usual kind of day for me, but I did see some very new Morgan foals out in the fields up the road, which was lovely, and this on the outskirts of Cambridge, which always makes me smile.

018-2.jpg

Last edited:

JFTDWS

Visit site
Schooled the pony for a while in the pouring rain this morning, which was a bit of a mix between some quite nice lateral work and some unplanned lateral work in response to the horse-eating crows... Then turfed them both out and did yardy stuff, by which I mean I wimped out of riding the cob and getting even wetter!

Tr0uble

Visit site
Well, I'm still hobbling round recovering from a brokem knee, so not a lot!

This morning my OH cleared out one of the stables and helped me lay down a new bed of wood pellets, then this afternoon I groomed both boys.

'Bout it.

Rose Folly

Visit site
Rode mine for the first time in 10 weeks following winter laminitis and then very bad skin infections on legs. She was a little pottery, but very glad to be hacking out with her friends, and action got better rather than worse. Have just checked her now and she's happy and quiet, stuffing hay in the yard under the whole Milky Way (and an Easy Jet1). What a nice day!