what iritates you the most?

Daphnelia

Visit site
People who take the pee out of a nervous rider on a horse theyre scared sh*tless of, but decline to have a go themselves because "I have a bad back/we're almost home/I'm not used to the saddle" etc

Also ponies with bad manners, hate it
mad.gif

xxx

zigzag

Visit site
I get annoyed by hairy horses, can't stand feathers or long manes, must have the mane maximum of 3 inches and no feathers on legs....

EDIT to say; White pages on forums!!

Ravenwood

Visit site
My muckheap irritates me the most - I swear it will be the first officially recognised mountain on Exmoor! I have to chant to myself how much good it is doing me forking it all up everyday!

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I get annoyed by hairy horses, can't stand feathers or long manes, must have the mane maximum of 3 inches and no feathers on legs....

[/ QUOTE ]

Another cob and native hater - hurrah.
They're awful lazy talentless things, aren't they? And I think the recent 'earthquake' may have been some fool trying to jump one.
S
grin.gif

zigzag

Visit site
I don't hate natives, I just hate hair .. I had a Welsh D, I clipped him and hogged him
tongue.gif
though I wouldn't be seen dead riding a gypsy cob

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I don't hate natives, I just hate hair .. I had a Welsh D, I clipped him and hogged him
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bald or hairless natives, or those with a nice shiny coat are actually a breed called 'Thoroughbreds'. Anything hairy and repulsive is either a cob (if it resembles a barrel on legs) or a native (if it could be easily mistaken for a yak or sheep)
Hope this helps.
S
grin.gif

Rambo

Visit site
I hate people who assume that all horses manes grow the same way, and therefore must lie on the same side of the horses neck
tongue.gif

Do humans all have straight, blond hair with a parting 2" to the right of centre on the left side
crazy.gif

It don't make my horses jump any bigger or smaller just because their manes lie on the left side
wink.gif

Oh yes, and i don't tend to carry a sword anymore....well not usually anyway....

only_me

Visit site
sorry, that "Earthquake" was actually me jumping out of my bed here in norn iron. my arse causes the aftershocks im told, due to the continous wobble
tongue.gif

sorry for any inconvience
wink.gif

zigzag

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bald or hairless natives, or those with a nice shiny coat are actually a breed called 'Thoroughbreds'. Anything hairy and repulsive is either a cob (if it resembles a barrel on legs) or a native (if it could be easily mistaken for a yak or sheep)
Hope this helps.
S
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It does thank you, probably why I prefer TB's ...

Warmbloods irritate me as well

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
sorry, that "Earthquake" was actually me jumping out of my bed here in norn iron. my arse causes the aftershocks im told, due to the continous wobble
tongue.gif

sorry for any inconvience
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Then that eclipse....?
S
grin.gif

only_me

Visit site
ermm
blush.gif

the eclipse was due to my extreme weightwatchers group, we were all trying to touch our toes and then we all couldnt get back up
blush.gif

the firebrigade had to stand us all up straight, and they sniggered when they said that we had blocked out the sun
mad.gif

Skhosu

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I often go to competitions like BSJA with mud stains all over my grey horse because unlike most, my horse lives out 24/7 and I am not prepared to bath him in the freezing cold to jump in the ring for all of 5 minutes! I dont care! The only time I DO bath the horse or remotely try to be tidy and clean is for showing or dressage when opinion comes into it... :p

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this shows a great lack of respect for the organisers/judge personally. It's not that hard to clean a horse.

Starbucks

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
I often go to competitions like BSJA with mud stains all over my grey horse because unlike most, my horse lives out 24/7 and I am not prepared to bath him in the freezing cold to jump in the ring for all of 5 minutes! I dont care! The only time I DO bath the horse or remotely try to be tidy and clean is for showing or dressage when opinion comes into it... :p

I think this shows a great lack of respect for the organisers/judge personally. It's not that hard to clean a horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in the case of show jumping no one seems to care!
tongue.gif
I'm a bit of a scruff normally but I like my horse to be reasonably well presented just so he looks nice!
grin.gif
Myself and my tack are not always as well presented though!
tongue.gif
I go out hacking looking like a binner too - scruffy horse/tack, jeans and poo-coloured pink hunter for me!

Badgers mane falls on the "wrong" side and I really don't see why it matters at all!!
crazy.gif

soph21

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But in the defence of Magpie its not easy when you have no stable to warm them up in, I wouldn't let my horse freeze just so it made a jump judge/organiser feel respected! If I was a jump judge I wouldn't be looking at the state of the horse but if it jumps!
smile.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
ermm
blush.gif

the eclipse was due to my extreme weightwatchers group, we were all trying to touch our toes and then we all couldnt get back up
blush.gif

the firebrigade had to stand us all up straight, and they sniggered when they said that we had blocked out the sun
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!!!
grin.gif

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
People who have no idea about left to left in the warm up
People who WALK on the outside track - drives me insane!!!!!
The Three Ring Gag - an invention of the devil and generally used by little demons with the rein on the bottom ring
Pelham Roundings - ditto (without the bottom ring of course!
cool.gif
)
People with no idea who are too proud/stupid to ask for advice, carry on regardless, often to the detriment of their poor animals
Monty Roberts
Pat Parelli

........and breathe

Another, more inconsequential irritation are those people who wear navy gloves in a showing class, I was tutored by a real old fashioned showing lady who could freeze you with one look if you ever dared to make that basic mistake
grin.gif

Tinker_Belle

Visit site
People who overbit/tack their horses.

People who scream & shout at them or thrash them if they haven't done a clear round etc.

People who hit their horses around the head.

Children with spurs/whips. Or those who have gags & flash nosebands on 11hand ponies. If the pony is too much for them then they shouldn't be on it! (by 'children' I mean any child under the age of 10)

People who leave their bits crusted up with dry grass & expect the horse to happily open it's mouth to be bridled....

People who thump their horses in the stomach when girthing.

People who don't pull the numnah up into the gullet or who put the saddle on and/or don't slide it back slightly so all the hair lays the wrong way.

People who use filthy food buckets/water buckets etc.

People who graze their horses in fields with inappropriate fencing (saggy barbed wire & such)

Parents who push their children too far with competing etc.

People who use pony sized numnahs on Cob/Full size horses so the numnah lays 2 inches above the flaps & behind the cantle.

People who overfeed their horses. Laminitis anyone?

People who rug up Shetlands etc needlessly just because every other horse on the yard is rugged.

Hate showoffs too. Just because I choose not to jump it does not make me incompetent it just means I don't have the confidence or choose to do it. I wouldn't look down on those who jump instead of hacking out. Same applies.

Basically anything that hurts the horse or is dangerous to horse or rider. I don't care if anyone kits their horse out in pink everything, as long as the horse is properly looked after & happy. I don't care if people or kids only hack on their animals but I hate when people let their horses down by not looking after them properly or not bothering to learn horsemanship because they think they are constantly right.

People who dont bother to look after their tack so it gets cracked & is uncomfortable for the horse/dangerous to ride in.

People who put their horses misbehaviour down to being 'naughty'. All the time. Without checking to see if it's back probs etc.

(I know I sound a right old grump
blush.gif
reading that back but honestly I'm not!
blush.gif
grin.gif
It just winds me up when you see these things go on as it is the horse that suffers)

auntyfred

Visit site
People who brag about what fantastic riders they are, who the first time you see them on a horse it is perfectly clear they haven't a clue..
Ditto people who brag about their horse knowlege then as soon as they open their gob you know they are a prat and know nothing ...usually the same person who likes to tell everyone else what they are doing wrong...
Dirty water/feed buckets
Overrugging
Overfeeding
Fat horses whose owners can't/won't see it. It's not fat that is making that huge crest it's muscle....It's a cob it's supposed to look like that. Yep real comments to a farrier who dared to tell this owner their cob was extremely overweight!!!

Ok ok so I am just a grumpy old bat.... and damn proud of it
grin.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, yes it is - YOU try keeping a grey (white) horse outside 24/7 in a very muddy paddock!! I do have a stable however another horse has to come in every night. I only have a freezing cold water hose!! I attempted to wash his legs the other day with bucket loads for BSJA and they ended up worse than before (stained brown)!

I assume you probably have access to a warm hot water hose OR have a stabled horse OR have a bay!!!

I am always as tidy as possible - Of course, I try to be clean and tidy myself and I always brush the mane and tail well and brush them well. Who cares about stains for SJ in the winter?! I think I show TOTAL respect for my horse by keeping him outside 24/7 where he belongs...
crazy.gif

Hullabaloo

Visit site
For me its people who have enough time on their hands to worry about whether MY horse has mud on him, straw in his tail etc and whether I'm wearing a hairnet, the right clothes etc. Most of us have other demands on our time and try to do the best we can with the time we have. As long as the horse is well cared for then each to his own I say!

With regard to showing respect to show organisers - I do this through being polite to them and showing respect for their land, properties and rules. I don't find it makes a difference whether my horse is clean or not when I do this. I wouldn't bath my horse in the freezing cold just to get him clean for a show as that wouldn't be very respectful to my horse IMO. Respect is about behaviour, not appearance. I've seen very well turned out people showing a definate lack of respect at shows.

PaddyMonty

Visit site
What irritates me is...........

Nothing.
tongue.gif

life is just too short to waste on getting annoyed about what others do with their horses.
wink.gif

and just for the record .....
mane only has a correct side if in military
Same for correct side to mount on.
Like rambo, I dont carry a sword whilst riding so doesn't matter.
However, having read about all these irate peeps I might start to for personal protection.
tongue.gif

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only coloured ones
grin.gif
.. Nah only joking!!
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, you mean 'tinker's horses'?

S
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

surely you mean "meat-ponies"??
tongue.gif

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
People who think they are "experts" and think there is only one side of the neck to plait on....! (err who says your side is the only one, what a silly rule)
No if I'm totally honest it's people who read/watch new horse techniques then launch into them without really knowing what they're doing.
It's people like me who then have to sort it out and help the poor horse.

saskia295

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BSJA hasn't turned into "best turned out" has it?!!!

Pinkwellies2

Visit site
Sounds a bit sad compare to some of the post above,

Ill-fitting flash nosebands, the flash part so tight is pulling the cavasson part down.
People who don't use the keepers on the bridle.

Badly turned people (not horses) out hunting/competing, it takes no time to run a brush through your hair and maybe tie it back in pony tail or use a hairnet and fasten your top button/jacket.