What is a walk and trot test?

Irishcobs

Visit site
It's a dressage test that you only do walk and trot in, no canter. It's good for youngsters to get them started in the comp world.

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Dont worry about your age and Pony Club Tests, many of the show venues that run Walk & Trot tests use the Pony Club one but are open to anyone, whatever age you are. As some one else said they are a good introduction for a novice be it horse or rider.

Hope you find a venue running a walk/trot test and feel up to having a go, you will be fine, good luck and enjoy.

anniedoherty

www.boxtreegallery.co.uk
Thank you MrsT. Oliver is 6 and I've no idea if he's ever done a dressage test as I don't know his history. I am definitely a novice myself though and will start looking for somewhere that runs a walk/trot test because I want to start with something simple and well within my capabilities and then build up to something bigger if I enjoy the first experience.

NagNagNag

New User
Visit site
Solihull RC usually run walk and trot tests. I think you can download the tests from their web site, so even if its a bit far to go, you can still have a look and see whats involved.