What is going on in the head of my horse??

wodger_woo

Visit site
Took Chance to a local riding club show today as a final 'outing' before eland on Wed. The ground was really hard and the course had some 'interesting' lines so I thought I would just jump him in the 2'9" warm-up stakes.
He warmed up fab and took him in. He popped the first and then just ground to a halt and I got eliminated at the second fence
blush.gif
(luckily the people who run the show jumping are very understanding and yelled at me to "get him over it before I left the ring") I left the ring absolutely devastated and adament that I wasn't taking him to Eland.
An abslute star of a girl who I had met earlier (never met her before today but I recognided her from eventing and she was SOOO nice and only lives up the road from me ) gave me a good talking to and told me to enter the Intermediate (3ft) I wasn't keen but did thinking well if he is a muppet in thid then I know not to go and Wednesday.
He was FAB! Gave everything a foot, was keen but not at all strong and I finished looking like this ----->
grin.gif

I didn't bother with the jump off just took him home as he had done what I wanted.
So anyone any ideas what is making this frustrating little horse of mine tick
confused.gif

MissDeMeena

Visit site
tis usually what's going through the head of the rider... you obviously thought the 2'9 was tiny, and probably sat there not doing much.. in the 3ft, having had trouble earlier as well, you obviously rode in a more possitive way
wink.gif

wodger_woo

Visit site
Yeah I think you are right there
smile.gif
. I also think that TFT isn't very good for me
shocked.gif
it makes me too relaxed and I think I need a little bit of 'nerves' to make me ride properly