What is GOOD about your livery yard?

Lexie81

Visit site
Year round turn out

Group Turn out! (rare around here apparently!)

Nice school

child friendly

days out together to shows- windsor, hickstead, olympia etc

yard summer bbqs

peaceful!

TinselRider

www.gatesequestrian.webs.com
- No bitching :D
- Friendly, helpfull & HAPPY liveries
- Equally friendly, helpfull & happy YM
- Horses are so chilled it's unbelievable!
- Good security
- NEW 40x 40 menage :D:D:D:D:D
- All year turnout in fantastically maintained fields
- Big & airy stables that are well lit
- Plenty of storage space so the yard stays tidy
- Yard is ALWAYS immaculate
- Lovely off road hacking

I could go on for ages lol I LOVE my yard :D

daydreambeliever

Visit site
Everything :D:D

Lovely turnout in huge fields with natural shelter and hills.
Fab hacking.
Very friendly clients and staff.

Only thing we could wish for is an indoor school for the winter, and of course that swimming pool mentioned earlier :D

saddlesore

Visit site
I love my livery yard too!

My horse can live out 24/7 all year round if I want and they put ad lib haylage in the fields all winter.
Loads of grazing so don't need to worry about lack of grass!
Fields to ride in and small xc course.
Small indoor school - a godsend this winter!
Fantastic hacking and loads of people to ride with.
Really laid back atmosphere - a change from other places i have been!
Mainly the other liveries though, loving the company and the nights out! :D

rhino

Visit site
The people.
The horses.
The fact you can do your own thing and no-one minds (although they will help out without question if needed).

I only hope I can find a yard like it as I am moving soon :(

Cliqmo

Visit site
*Fab grazing, they can live out all year if you want.
*Amazing hacking onto Forestry Commission land
*Two arenas
* Dedicated show jumping area
*The yard owner is lovely, keeps everyone in check and gives lessons
*Easy going and very friendly/constructive advice given WHEN ASKED FOR
*Safe and secure with tack and feed lock ups, CCTV and onsite YO
* Rubber flooring & haybars

Love it and not going anywhere :D

skint1

Visit site
*All year turn out with safe fencing, natural shelter, well draining fields

*Nice haylage and straw provided as part of livery fee during Autumn and winter. If you need to bring your horse in for box rest outside of these times you can buy in your own

*A really well thought out worming regime

*Adequate grazing (turnout in small mixed herds)

*YO is fairly knowledgeable but admits he is "old fashioned" so will listen to others and doesn't throw his toys out if you don't take his advice or word as gospel

*YO's view on b1tching: There's 30+ women here, of course there's b!tching, I don't get involved unless there is violence!

*Excellent offroad hacking

*A floodlit school

*Although it is a large yard, apart from the worming regime there really are no hard and fast rules about how you manage your horses. Want em out 24/7/365? As long as they're not alone, no problem! Keep 'em in? If you want to pay for the hay/bedding out of season, no problem either. We have natural horsemanship people, traditionalists and everything in between.

Of course, anything you do with your horse will warrant opinion, and you won't always agree with how other people do things either, but no one person or ethos dominates, and it is easy to avoid people who you find irritating!

My pony is kept on a farm with one other horse owned by a very good friend. We have total autonomy, can run things to suit ourselves and whilst the place has seen better days it has a beauty all it's own and is blissfully quiet. Though sometimes random things happen because our farmer is eccentric :D

Fiorano

Visit site
I love my livery yard. :)

Great people. We go out to shows together either with our horses or to support one another. My horses are relaxed and happy. The grazing isn't great, but that suits my two who tend to be rather 'round' if left to their own devices. The YO and staff are brilliant. Just last saturday we had a BBQ which was great fun. Everyone gets on and there is a range of ages on our yard.

I love it!! :) :) :)

Cash

Visit site
I haven't been at my yard long, but I really like it so far :) It's quite small, I think 11 horses in total :)
YO is always prompt to do maintenence etc when asked, and he keeps the yard looking great- painted all the stables this week, had it done in 1 day, working on his own :eek: :) and keeps arena looking nice with flower pots etc. :) Is always courteous in that if he is in his pick up, he'll turn the engine off as he knows my scatty TB gets a bit worried by it :D He doesn't enforce strict rules (unless necessary) and generally leaves us to it.
(HOWEVER do not make a huge mess on the yard if you value your life! :D )

Other liveries have been really nice, always offering to hack out with me etc, if I'm jumping in the school and I knock one, whoever's passing on their way to the fields will nip in and put it back up without being asked :) And as most know I'm in the middle of GCSEs atm, people are always saying they are happy to turn out my boy for me if I need a lie in ;) which I think is lovely!!

AnnaJ

Visit site
I love my yard, especially the other liveries. We have our own tea room and every Saturday lunch time, I bring massive cream cake in and we sit and chat whilst having numerous cups of tea and that's before even going to see my girlie!!!

We have regular nights out and have sooo much fun. I wouldn't be without my girls at the farm, as I can always rely on them

One last thing - we also have a cross country course and regular car boot sales!!!!

SarahX

Visit site
Lovely people, YO is more of a friend than anything :) good hacking, facilities etc.
Only thing i'd change is that i'd love an indoor school :p

Coffee_Bean

www.horseandhound.co.uk
The liveries are great, horses are cared for very well, turned out every day without fail ( though I wish we got 24/7 in summer!!) We also have a system where you pay for bedding and hay as you use it, which works well as you can use as much as you want.
Locked gate onto yard, YO's husband is a vet (very useful!!), hacking is ok. The people is what makes it.

Andalusianlover

Visit site
I have a massive stable.
Ad lib hay and straw.
Own paddock
Indoor School
Outdoor School with full set of showjumps
2 different sets of gallops
20 acre field with every conceivable type of x-country fence.
Out of this world hacking.
Horsewalker
Friendly people

ilovecobs

Visit site
Full livery, they keep a daily diary of your horse for you ect. amazing standard of care provided, huge well surfaced ménage, Large stables, post and fenced fields, small group turnout 2 or 3 per field. worming program ect. knowledgeable yard owner and knowledgeable people on the yard, small yard so your horse isnt 'just another horse' and the owner gets to know them and is very good at handeling them etc. also equissage back pad and handheld massager, solarium, crossties.

never been happier at a yard and neither have my horses :)

tedster

Visit site
The People! WE are all friends get on well so no bitching..
Lots of Grass way too much
near to home
Full set Jumps
Not perfect by all means but but for our location not bad at all :)