what is the 1 product you couldn't live without through the winter?

Sophstar

Visit site
I have found this year it's vegetable oil:eek: my 2 ponies legs are coated in it, and it gets brushed through manes and tails to help stop them from getting so dry. A friend was fascinated as they get taken out to the field as walking adverts for vegetable oil:p

Any other winter must haves?!

SpottedCat

Visit site
It's practically a hanging offence to admit it on here - but you could not part me from my snuggy turnout hoods with ear covers. Horse and I have a much better relationship now I am not having to scrape off mud every day.

Fools Motto

Visit site
My old duvet cover for carting hay about without creating a mess of a hay trail blowing left right and centre! I've used this method for years now, but seriously wouldn't be without my faithful duvet cover!!

snoopyinfrance

Visit site
I like the vegetable oil idea - I may well steal that if you don't mind!

Personally I can't get through the winter without ski gloves and snow boots. If my extremities are cold, the whole of me is cold and then I begrudge being outside, and I DON'T want to begrudge the time I spend with my horses.

Suechoccy

Visit site
Musto waterproof fleece-lined (with earflaps and chin strap) peaked cap with built-in LED light.

Much better than a head torch.
Nice to have warm ears too.

Milanesa

Visit site
Rambo over chaps to keep my legs warm as one layer of trousers is just not enough in winter! Also head band earwarmer thing-cold ears= not fun!

LaurenBay

Visit site
My old duvet cover for carting hay about without creating a mess of a hay trail blowing left right and centre! I've used this method for years now, but seriously wouldn't be without my faithful duvet cover!!

Thats a good idea! I have an old duvet cover laying around, so I think I should put it to use! My straw goes everywhere!

For me, it would be pig oil and fleece welly warmers!

dafthoss

Visit site
Sealskins gloves, buff/mark todd neck warmer, my fluffy hat and the earwarmer things for my hat, I can hack out in all the wind and still have toasty ears without compromising the fit of my hat.

fidleyspromise

Visit site
Sealskinz gloves - my hands are no longer ice cold with no circulation :) After having frostbite, I highly recommend these!

Second thing is: Muckboots. Again, feet are no longer cold and are warm when I come back from yard :D

Faro

Visit site
Several 10 gallon water containers - so that at least you can bring water by car from home when all the taps, pipes and troughs are frozen at the farm.

L&M

Visit site
Winergy ventilate - it is a miracle product for my hunter with copd, and keeps his wind clear so he can continue to enjoy charging around after his beloved hounds!

debsg

Visit site
Foggage! Grew loads of it this year, it's keeping my fatties going through the winter ;)
For myself: ski salopettes - waterproof, fleece lined, great to ride in. My Buff - years old but keeps my ears warm under my hat, and my el cheapo Derby House thermal yard boots - bought in the sale last year, lovely and warm tootsies!

Herts05

Visit site
Long Alpaca socks (amazingly warm and only need washing once in a blue moon), my long leather chaps, and ear warmers
Oh, and I suppose the indoor school :/

ThePony

Visit site
Sealskinz gloves - my hands are no longer ice cold with no circulation :) After having frostbite, I highly recommend these!

Second thing is: Muckboots. Again, feet are no longer cold and are warm when I come back from yard :D

Exactly these, the absolute best products since sliced bread!!!

custard

Visit site
Musto waterproof fleece-lined (with earflaps and chin strap) peaked cap with built-in LED light.

Much better than a head torch.
Nice to have warm ears too.

At last someone whose test driven one! Where did you buy, how much? Is it washable? How does it do for batteries, does it eat them?

I've got a very, very good head torch but it's a bit bulky on top of my furry hat, that said couldn't do without either of them, as well as nitrile gloves for yard jobs, Sealskins for when it's really cold, softshell breeches ditto and the list goes on....

Tinypony

Visit site
Not exactly a product, but it's got to be my new Blue Peter-style slow hay feeders. It's been nice to be able to put hay out in this wind and not have it vanish over the horizon, plus I'm saving money because there's so little waste.
DSC04739.jpg