What is the going rate to rent an entire yard?

shadowboy

Visit site
(Not me looking to rent it by the way!) simply an aquaintance has just spent quite some money converting their farm to a yard. They can't get anyone to take it on- I'm wondering if they are asking too much. I'll keep the price they want under wraps until I know what you guys think it's worth.

American barn containing 5 15 X 12 monarch style boxes and 6 15 X 10 monarch style boxes. Large outdoor arena 50 X 30 metres with about 5 or 6 jumps available. Curently not flood lit but will be. Hay and straw barn. Tack room. Excellent hacking. Steel door locked tack room. 20 acres of grazing in a range of paddock sizes. Muck trailer taken away regularly. 20min from Hartpury and 30 min from summerhouse 30 min from moores farm and 30min from kings equestrian and 30 min from tack farm so loads of accessible competition venues. Hard standing for trailers etc and all hay and straw included ad-lib.
Flat available if required.

Issues- muddy- the tracks to yard are farm tracks are potholed and muddy. Some fields require a bit of a walk.

What do you think a sensible price would be to rent the place? It's been up for rent empty for months!

Holliehope

Visit site
Difficult for me to comment as I'm not in that area but there was something similar near me Essex and they was asking £2000 a month it went like hot cakes
I looked In to it my self to see if it would make money as full livery but on top of rent you had to pay water electricity and rates so to me seemed impossible wouldn't make enough to live on

popsdosh

Visit site
£20/25 box week is a rule of thumb figure Afraid a lot of people put in expensive facilities and want an unrealistic rent for the tenant to make a living as well.