What is the most weirdest thing or brizzare

Tinsel

Visit site
You have ever seen on instagram or a Facebook or a name off a horse or pony you remember from your riding lessons days or when you either competed or did pony club days

Snowfilly

Visit site
I knew a gelding called Rosie - he was brought in for a riding school owned by an older gent who believed in not changing names and he was Ambrose at the time. As there was already an Amber, he became Rosie. Later on, a mare called Rosie arrived and she being roan, became Red Rosie.

And a very lovely old gelding who spent his whole life as Colt. He was the only colt foaled in a crop of fillies that year and never got named by his breeder beyond ‘the colt.’ Lasted 29 years!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I went to look at ponies at the Blue Cross when i needed a companion years ago and they showed me several, Once was called Macaroni Cheese Monster 😄 He had been born to a rescue mare in a foster home and they had all agreed the foster carers little son could name to foal when it arrived.... and so he did!

2ndtimearound

Visit site
Where a first learned to ride, there was an Appy called Happy, who was the most miserable-looking horse! He was actually quite sweet temperament wise, though.

SEL

Visit site
Pre dates Instagram but Trout was one of the hunters when I was younger. It wasn't short for anything either - Irish import so who knows.

In Australia the place I worked at needed new horses naming fast otherwise they got stuck with "creamy mare" "white socks" and "brown". All the ones that turned up while I was there got proper names to save them from that fate (especially as one was called fat arse when she got off the lorry - I thought Holly was prettier!!)

Ceifer

Visit site
Pony growing up was called LB stood for little ‘expletive’. Came over from Ireland, he was actually a very nice pony so didn’t really deserve the name.

Chuffy99

Visit site
My home bred was called Perhaps because as the vets left in the evening after trying all day to fix retained meconium that said perhaps he’d manage it overnight
The sight of poop all round the walls in the morning made me sob, so Perhaps he was and Happy for short which he also was

Pippity

Visit site
I rode a horse called Wishbone in New Zealand. His owner, who'd bred him, had no idea why. He'd been named by a German woman who'd worked for him at the time.