What is the strangest thing you have found in your field?

smellsofhorse

Visit site
There are rumours of a wild big cat near our yard.

Im more concerned about the crocadile that lives at the zoo farm up the road!

The horses would be too impressed if they saw that coming towards them!

Lill

Visit site
A sheep....

Which lived in the field for about a week until the dogs chased it into the pond and poor thing drowned as we couldn't get it out quick enough as its wool was stuck to the brambles poor sheep
frown.gif

Halfstep

Visit site
Mine is a bit scary - I found used hypodermic needles, syringes and vials of *something*, while poo picking one summer.
frown.gif
We had to send them all off to the police for analysis and I was constantly terrified that my horses would roll and get pricked by a needle that I had missed.

Baileyhoss

Visit site
Yep, we had a resident heron that used to hang out in the trees and burn at the edge of the field, and a loch about half a mile away. Bet the heron was disappointed, it was huge.

winchester

Visit site
About 40 police officers prodding around looking for a dead body!!!

Had to ask them why they was in my field - and all they could say was that they were looking for something!!

baily

Visit site
we live on the flight path to a local raf base and poo picking one morning we found a huge head light turns out it had come off one of the planes coming into land!!!!!

louisevictoria

Visit site
a bottle of champagne (full and unopened) - I have no idea as don't really have any close naeighbours.

A dead crab - we live quite a way from the beach but think it may have been dropped by a passing seagull

Shellby27

Visit site
Well I thought I had a UFO in the field one year as this silver thing was bobbing up and down while the horses were huddled in the corner shaking in fear! It was a huge Dr Who balloon!

Also had a burnt out Rover in our gateway. A small grey welsh section A someone had found in the village, a Fell stallion who managed to cover one of our NF mares and wella baby Max was born in May 2004. Lots of golf balls (very near a golf course) pet rabbits........

ForeverBroke_

Visit site
Mines a bit boring, but we found a crab ^o)...
we live no where near any water? lol. The thames is visible, but its a good 20 miles away. Very odd !

Apalacia01

Visit site
Only just checked back onto the forum! Damn!

I found a Bearded Dragon - its a lizard native to Australia. They are very spikey, and scary looking, but I knew what it was as my parent's had them. So, I got a new expensive lizard. I guess someone had abandoned it, or Sussex was becoming warmer......hmmm...

Pebble101

Visit site
Cannabis - this was about 30 years ago!

The police thought my Uncle was mad when he took it into the police station. They sarcastically told him it was a weed.