What is the Sunshine Tour?

GreenEyedMonster

Visit site
What is the Sunshine Tour?
I'm aware that it is a show jumping series held in Spain and that the height of the fences varies.
But could someone please give me an idiots guide?
If love to know more about it!
Thanks x

Tern

Visit site
Wahoo, I was not just being strange then.. i thought for a moment that maybe they were only doing a demo or somethign there and I was being stupid. ;)

Daytona

Visit site
There is also a BS sunshine your held in Aberdeen at the cabin

11 days of showjumping with lots of classes and qualifiers , held every year mid July.

GreenEyedMonster

Visit site
Oh right, so it seems there are a lot of 'pretend' Sunshine Tours, I have heard about the unaffiliated one, I did want to know about the Spanish one though, the one in Scotland sounds interesting...
Thanks everyone!

tinap

Visit site
If you're on Facebook, go onto the uksj forum. There's tons of people on there who will tell you the ins & outs of the Spanish SJ sunshine tour. I've heard of it but don't know the details x

horselover88

Visit site
I know the main Sunshine tour is based in Europe (Spain I think?)- my horse came with an FEI passport and competed up to 1m10 over various years.

Not sure if a horse needs to be FEI registered in order to be able to compete in it, or whether this was just due to the fact she competed elsewhere too! I am not a competitor and never have been- she is settled into a life of an all rounder now!

sam_

Visit site
It's not just Spain, vilamoura also has a sunshine tour during the same time I'm pretty sure they are equal in what classes they have, they have an amateur league which I'm pretty sure starts as low as 1m or could be 1.10?
People go out there for upto 8 weeks! Great experience for horses needing the experience also great experience for riders have only heard good things about them!
Vilamoura have another tour in sept again with classes suited for all levels of riders!
Would love to get over with my horses one year!

And yes your horse does need to be FEI registered to compete :)