What is the weirdest thing that your horse will eat?

Jackson

Visit site
Some of jacks favourites include oranges, plums and cream soda (very healthy :rolleyes:) drank streight from the bottle.

He won't eat banana, but loves to be fed bits of chocolate bars, especially snickers and mars (which I personally hate :p) and loves cereal like cocopops and all of the sugary cr*p that children eat :D

Also ate a tuna sandwich once, although he spat out the bread and licked off the tuna :eek:

Quartz

Visit site
I shared my breakfast of a crossaint with mine today. He loved it, but was quite funny to watch him eat it. He was doing with his lips what he usually does when he plays trying to catch the water from the hose, if that makes sense!!!

Tinseltoes

Visit site
Mine love pears.Also one day I was eating moster munch " pickled onion flavour and he ate it and had another but had enough after that.Went to give him a custard cream- nope didnt like it lol

tinap

Visit site
Bacon flavour crisps!! Last one loved peeling oranges & eating them & daughters first pony refused to walk past chippy until he had mince & onion pie & peas!! He had been rescued from a garden shed where he was fed on table scraps, so think that explains his odd choice!!! He also once broke into barn & ate a bag of cement!!! Xx

SuperCoblet

Visit site
Gypsy eats everything you put under his nose :p
Bananas, pears, oranges, brocoli, cabbage, parsnips, bread, biscuits and cake (gave him bits of mine at camp, then he kept bribing the helpers who were giving cake out to give him some :p)
He also likes vimto and coke :D
Oh, and the occasional chip when were show jumping :D :p

blitznbobs

Visit site
Had a pony once that loved Guiness... and one very drunk new years eve my dad fed him a whole bottle of Moet

Murph loves Liquorice!!

BnBx

madeleine1

Visit site
ham sandwiches
crisps
onion bargies
brussle sprouts
brocoli stems

i no that horses arnt suppost to each these things and you only had the first 3 as i had my pack up with me on camp and she stole them on 3 seperate occasions. oh and she wont drink to clean water if she has a choice of mucky or clean she will drink the mucky stuff everytime.

Strawberryroan

Visit site
My horse is normally very fussy with food he isnt familiar with- but for some reason he absoluetly adores jam doughnuts! :p Snatches them out my hands!
He also loves salt and vinegar french fries (the crisps)

VLHIEASTON

Visit site
Marmite sarnies..but that's not unusual for sweetitch sufferer's.

Jam sarnies.

Any breakfast cereal.

Nettles and thistles in the fields.

Nothing really weird but just wanted to add them!

MissHocusPocus

Visit site
Magic loves loveheart sweets, when she was at the vets I gave them to her as a treat and she had foamy mouth because the fiziness of them! Had to wipe it off quick before the vet came ;)

Dancing Queen

Visit site
candy floss, snickers, double deckers, cheese n onion walkers (only!) flaming hot monster much, jam sandwiches.

DISLIKES - Carrots, apples and swede.

Eriskayowner

Visit site
Blackjack used to eat bacon sandwiches and I once found him lying on the yard trying to get a jam tart from underneath the mounting block. He also nicked my Rowntrees fruit pastel ice lolly on a blisteringly hot day - was looking foraqard to it soooo much!

Mousey has been known to unscrew the lid on a 2L bottle of lemonade and down the whole lot by tipping it up in the air!

Charla

Visit site
Yesterday at the pub my gelding wouldn't stop pestering me to share my appletiser and prawn cocktail crisps! He drank the appetiser from the bottle and absolutely loved it!!

unbalanced

Visit site
I haven't seen anything on this thread that my pony WON'T eat! When I was in my teens we used to order phone in pizza to the yard and sit in my stable eating it because I had the best banks for sitting on. My pony would come over and nick everything, pizza, garlic bread, chicken wings(!!!), the little dips in their plastic tubs and also eat the plastic tubs they came in, cake, potato wedges and whatever other sides we had. She'd lick the boxes out and chew them up if you weren't quick enough to stop her.
If we went to the sweetshop she would steal any kind of sweets or chocolate we had: crisps, mars bars, dairy milk, opal fruit as they were called back then...
We used to ride to the garden centre which sold ice cream and ride back with the reins on our ponies' necks and an ice cream in our other hand - I always bought my pony an ice cream too.
I once offered her a whole head of garlic - she took it and ate it.
She has also eaten the leftovers from an Indian meal.

My friend bought me a lovely almond croissant the other day and the thieving creature had it out of my hand and down her throat before I even realised what had happened.

sleepykitten

Visit site
My old pony used to love popping candy, the best bit was watching her face as she ate it!

I went to a hunt meet once and the horse i was on scoffed almost a full tray of sausage rolls as they went past :eek:

abina

Visit site
one of my ponies was a labrador in a previous life .. she will eat anything from the 'normal' fruits - plum, bananas, mango's etc to crisps (any flavour) tuna sandwiches, chocolate - bars and hot drinks to Bacon sandwiches with fried onion !

We really do have to watch her !!