what is this called and where can I buy one?

arwenplusone

www.freewebs.com
Sorry - no pictures. :-(

I am after what I would call a bit brush - which is basically like a really thick mouth guard/bit ring, in rubber, with rubber spikes on one side (soft ones) . it attaches to the bit in the same way a mouth guard would.

I've looked on rideaway/derby house websites & ebay & I can't find what I mean!

dressedkez

Visit site
It used to be called a prickler - and was used on very one sided horses......I will google it in a minute and get back to you if find a supplier - but tell us first what the problem is??

dominobrown

Visit site
Its not that harsh really. If the horse leans on one rein in makes it a bit uncomfortable for it by poking it, it fits like a bit guard, it doesn't go into the horses mouth. Never used one though.

horsecrazy25

College In the week, home on the weekends :)
Visit site
When the horse leans on the rein it puts pressure on the side of the mouth and makes it uncomfortable so the horse gets lighter, personally I think persistent exercises would work better.

Aaaaa i see now, thanks. But when these are re-moved wont the horse be fine for a while then lean on bit when the notice they gone? x

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Try Gibsons of Newmarket. Great bit of kit for strong hunters and no, before you slate me, it doesn't leave any lasting impression on them and is better than yawing which gets a sore mouth. Hunters (and many of the people who ride hunters, particularly those with the only time they see their horse is at a meet - full hunter livery in other words,) wouldn't know the inside of a school and wouldn't use it if they did.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
lol - nah - I just thought I'd go down the good old fashioned 'barbaric' route, to be honest.

Love it! :D:D

LOL prob gonna get slated for this but I wonder if this would work for a pony that's learnt to buck, spin 90 degrees and drop his shoulder after a jump but always to the right..?!?!! :D

It could be well worth a try as long as rider knows what they're doing with their hands (other than being like me who would be using them to balance and stick on and probably have them up by my ears! :eek::eek::))