What is wrong with people

skewbaldmillie

Visit site
I'm off on a rant again! Just to warn anyone.
Somebody on Facebook(I know great start isn't it!) said she was desperately looking for answers as to which bit to use on her horse. She said it consistently runs out or stops and flicks it's head in the air. Also said has a very sensitive mouth. Everyone for some reason was suggesting Wilkie's and Waterfords (no mention of leaning etc at all!) And some were talking about putting it in a rope gag or tom thumb! When I suggested that she tries some different schooling exercises and sticks with a snaffle, maybe with a lozenge incase the nutcracker action was causing him to head flick. I also politely suggested getting his teeth and back checked as per usual. Was then shot down as she said he was the most perfectly schooled pony, apparently having won the working hunters at RDS three times! Considering she was saying he always runs out even at cross poles I find this unlikely somehow. :') With regards to getting back and teeth checked she said he certainly doesn't need any checks and that she keeps him well so doesn't need any checks. Apparently it's definitely an issue with his bit. Grrrrrr I had to put my phone on the other side of the yard and bite my tongue. Why does everyone want to shove their horse in a stronger bit all the time!! Sorry for this unhelpful rant😂

Ladyinred

Visit site
Some people hear a whisper from their horse.... others wait until he shouts; and then some, like this one, never hear it at all :( Poor horse.

peaceandquiet1

Visit site
Similar happened to me, regarding a laminitic Shetland which barged out of its stable, and the person had tried "everything." I gave a few suggestions, to be shot down in flames, and after some thoroughly nasty responses-so much so that people I knew who had read it stopped me to say they had been shocked...I left that FB page. Never again. They know it all anyway so why ask?

spacefaer

Visit site
I think I saw her post, if it's the one you are talking about - the last thing I saw on it was that she was going to get teeth and back checked, which is at least a start.

What confused me, if it's the same person, is that she is someone who I wouldn't think would have to ask advice on fb.

Peggs

Visit site
Gave up on any sort of equine related pages on fb, I never comment but it's not worth time or hassle if you do.

Along with the numpty behaviour, I got disillusioned by the number of Go fund me pages that popped up asking for people to buy them a lorry because they were an 'up and coming eventer' or to pay their vet bills.... slightly busy paying off all my own vet bills let alone anyone else's 😠

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I got into trouble last week for nasty comments. Not nasty at all but someone posting about a clearly sick horse who hadn't eaten in days and was too weak to walk- what did people think she should do?
Makes me mad!
One broke my heart today. A very thin old looking horse I'd say body score 1
Free need gone. That was it, the whole advert. Sickening

dibbin

Visit site
Don't waste time on mad people it's wastes your life and is exhausting .

Yup. I've had the exact same reaction when I suggested to someone on FB that their problem was with schooling, and not with their bit. Unless I'm genuinely concerned for the horse's welfare, I don't bother anymore.

skewbaldmillie

Visit site
I think I saw her post, if it's the one you are talking about - the last thing I saw on it was that she was going to get teeth and back checked, which is at least a start.

What confused me, if it's the same person, is that she is someone who I wouldn't think would have to ask advice on fb.
No I saw another, which had actually won RDS asking similar question except she was willing to accept suggestions!

skewbaldmillie

Visit site
I got into trouble last week for nasty comments. Not nasty at all but someone posting about a clearly sick horse who hadn't eaten in days and was too weak to walk- what did people think she should do?
Makes me mad!
One broke my heart today. A very thin old looking horse I'd say body score 1
Free need gone. That was it, the whole advert. Sickening
I think I saw thsi, was it a very kind looking grey with a rather plump owner.