What is wrong with them?

genie

Visit site
Is it just me?.I have 6 mini dachshunds all get on really well, all live together in the house with a run outside the back door so I can put them somewhere safe if I need to be not around for 10 minutes or so.they are used to going in the run.never been a problem.then this last week....all they seem to want to do is kill each other.and its almost impossible splitting them up when they have a go...

Its been very hot......so outside in the run has been limited but they are fine inside, just as soon as I put them out they start. Can't understand what has got into them...now they are all split up in 2s and so far have been ok.

Its not over food, they aren't overly hot.......they have toys to play with and spend most of their time outside with me..just put them in the run when I can't keep my eye on them for 10 minutes....is there something in the air?.anybody else having similar problems?

deja224

Visit site
we got this problem with my terrier and my parents collies normally when me and the terrier vist all the dogs run off and play and have a great time in the last week the terrier has been trying to kill the bigger collie poor collie has 2 big gashes to his eye so now we got to keep them apart not sure whats going on!

Oneofthepack

Visit site
Someone else posted something similar recently. Maybe the hot weather? Or bitches on heat locally that they can smell when they're outside?

genie

Visit site
Hi.it has been very hot so I have restricted their playtimes in the run to early morning and early evenings..I hope this stops with them....when they are not in the run they are either outside with me or inside asleep......its just in the run they have these set tos...thanx for replying anyway.....keeping my fingers crossed they snap out of it soon.